We've had plenty of good threads over the course of 2011.
These are some of my favorites.

Recommend me a 100 watt halfstack thread
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464759
The most recent "light bulb" thread
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500343
5 watts is enough for gigging thread
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469363
Asking for free guitar picks thread
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1473851
The collection of "what gear" threads

So, what was your favorite thread this year?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Dec 1, 2011,
Really your choices on the previous thread were good. Esp the Free Stuff thread.

Though I don't see how any of them can top the WTLT and Pedalboard threads.
Every 6505 112 thread should be compiled into a stfu thread.....

srsly....there are so many better amps for the price....

but i guess weve all been through that phase where we want one
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Umm how about that guy a while back with the gibson les paul supreme an then he returned it for a start or tele or smthing? Or was that the electric guitar thread?

I also vote that we compile all the threads about plugging PODs directly into cabinets, and pick one lucky winner and send them a free poweramp.
Who was the guy that "invented" a tremolo saying how incredibly awesome it was, but never used one before and randomly got real shitty with everyone like 3 pages in? It's on the tip of my tongue..

EDIT: The Sample Tremolo www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458994 He starts on page 5 bashing hardcore on the Floyd and it snowballs from there
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Dec 1, 2011,
Quote by Flux'D
Who was the guy that "invented" a tremolo saying how incredibly awesome it was, but never used one before and randomly got real shitty with everyone like 3 pages in? It's on the tip of my tongue..

EDIT: The Sample Tremolo www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1458994 He starts on page 5 bashing hardcore on the Floyd and it snowballs from there

Wow that dude was alright until page 3 and he just completely flew off the rails what was he drunk or something?

It's laughable that he thinks a good idea will just propel him to where he wants to go automatically with no other effort. Being successful in business is 10% product, 90% marketing. No point in having a revolutionary product if no-one knows about it

Just look at Apple they had a superior machine since the late 80's but no-one heard of them until the late 90's because IBM killed them in marketing.
Quote by Flux'D

i second that one. the tremolo guy is funny as hell. i really wish he hadn't deleted his pics though, but i don't remember what it looked like. straight up jackass too.

the light bulbs for tubes is funny as hell, but i defend him because he thought of a potential idea (at least in his head) that could work, he just probably had a lack of not-so common knowledge about how tubes work and etc.

the half stack guy to "match" was a pretty good one too. just a long shot, maybe he honestly does have OCD or something. i will certainly not degrade for that as i have mental health issues hospitalized upwards of 30 in the last seven years.

the vaccum was just funny. no excuse for that.

the uber review is longer than some undergrad essays i have done.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Dec 1, 2011,
I'd post mine, but I'm not sure what a "Beat GG&A Thread" is.....
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Seanthesheep
Umm how about that guy a while back with the gibson les paul supreme an then he returned it for a start or tele or smthing? Or was that the electric guitar thread?

I also vote that we compile all the threads about plugging PODs directly into cabinets, and pick one lucky winner and send them a free poweramp.

+infinity.
Im sick of typing the same answer every day.
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'd post mine, but I'm not sure what a "Beat GG&A Thread" is.....

and i kinda ignored it for a while waiting for OP to fix

eh
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
No love for the "Is this _______ appropriate for my _______?" Madlib threads?

Seriously, that trem thread is bad. At least the light bulb one was rooted in honest ignorance.
I am a fake mountain.
Thanks to this I just discovered James Sample Tremolo's facebook page!
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
Quote by Dilberto
Thanks to this I just discovered James Sample Tremolo's facebook page!

I just found it too. Must.resist.urge.to.troll.uncontrollably
My vote goes for the ancient alien thread. What's that you haven't seen that one? Exactly.

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!