Poll: Check on that apply to your views on stealing
Poll Options
View poll results: Check on that apply to your views on stealing
I've never stolen anything (stuff as a little kid doesn't count)
23 26%
I only steal if I'm broke or can't afford the item
2 2%
I'll steal regardless of my financial situation
3 3%
I only steal from large companies
7 8%
I will steal from any company
1 1%
I steal from individuals
1 1%
I only steal cheap items
8 9%
I steal anything, regardless of price
2 2%
I don't steal because I'm morally opposed to it
35 39%
I dont' steal because I'm afraid of getting caught
7 8%
Voters: 89.
Page 1 of 2
Ignore the poll; I didn't allow for multiple options to be selected.

How do you feel about stealing? Do you steal, and if so, what do you steal? Do you only steal from certain places, or in certain conditions?

Personally, I had a $200 fine (for having more than one person in my car, which is illegal in Wisconsin during the first six months one has their license), and seeing as I don't really have a source of income other than busking, it was really hard to get the money together. Because of this, I ended up stealing to prevent myself from spending money (by the date I had to pay the fine, I had literally just enough to pay it, so the stealing kinda saved me). That being said, I didn't steal much, or anything expensive; honestly, it was mostly just condoms. I'm opposed to people who steal just for the fun of it, or when they could easily pay for something. I also only steal cheap things, and from large places, that wouldn't miss it; for example, I always went to Wal-Mart, because, being a huge corporation, a few dollars won't be missed.

For example, a friend of mine stole a $120 pedal from a local music store. I would never do that; it's an expensive item from a small store, that is probably cutting it a lot closer financially than a large corporation.

But, enough from me. Have you ever stolen, and what's your opinion on the matter?
Last edited by herby190 at Nov 30, 2011,
No, I don't steal because I'm not an ass-hole.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I have never been a thief and am strongly opposed to it.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Craigo
Did you sell those condoms to teenagers? I mean, how did you save/get money that way?
I never stole to sell the item; I just did it so I wouldn't have to pay for it.
I've stolen very few things in my life, and it was usually from people, not stores. I don't really steal because I'm afraid of getting caught.

EDIT: @devourke, yeah, it's called high school.
you're a stone fox
Last edited by Saint78 at Nov 30, 2011,
I don't.

I understand people can find themselves in a tough place and desperately in need of money, but that still doesn't mean stealing something is acceptable. I can understand why someone would do it, but it's still wrong in my view.
I've had things stolen from me and it's one of the worse feelings especially if it's something you worked hard for. I don't want to do that to someone else just for my benefit, and I feel like karma would come back and get me.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by daytripper75
I don't.

I understand people can find themselves in a tough place and desperately in need of money, but that still doesn't mean stealing something is acceptable. I can understand why someone would do it, but it's still wrong in my view.
Is it possible for you to use your mod powers to change the poll so one can select multiple options, or can you not do that?
Quote by herby190
....tell me more.

They're used.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by herby190
....tell me more.

You just wander down to one of the youth clinics and get a free box of 200
nope
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I have stolen before, used to quite frequently, and paid the price for it.

It was only ever small things like sandwiches and cakes from the supermarket next to my college. But I guess stealing is stealing
Quote by herby190
....tell me more.

Your scum.

And every free clinic will give you a whole bag for free.
I could easily steal but I dont. I don't even steal lighters when I'm broke and need a toke. **** matches
I stole a computer and a mixing board from my school. Not my proudest moment, but I can't lie and say that I didn't love doing it.
Never stolen anything from anybody personally, if that means anything.
No, and I'm also opposed to it, although it is sometimes understandable.

I occasionally "steal" music, but I'd never take from a local band or anything. I have my own criteria for what's okay to torrent or not.

inb4 everybody argues about music downloading from this point on.
I stole a nickel when I was 8.

I ended up giving the kid I stole it from a quarter.

It's the way of the lazy and the cowards, in my mind. Just man up and pay for it, life isn't a free ride for anyone, and you shouldn't get a special pass to take someone else's hard-earned possessions for some inexplicable reason that you have this unordained, superior right to it.

Even if you're in economic hardship, all you'll do is create paranoia, which will cause hoarding and more detriment, and more theft. Nothing good will come of it, and you'll likely end up a victim yourself.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Nov 30, 2011,
Quote by rgrockr
I have never been a thief and am strongly opposed to it.

This.
E-Daughter of Stealstrings and Flaxen Angel

Sometimes our fear of failing...
...Keeps us from succeeding.

I love Ryan
Quote by herby190
I never stole to sell the item; I just did it so I wouldn't have to pay for it.

You're experiencing very high inflation, using an unholy amount of condoms or had a long due date to pay back by.

EDIT: Not sure if posters here are overly sensitive or exaggerating how much they dislike stealing. I'm not a fan, but I don't care too much if my friends steal in most circumstances. (Y'know, it's gonna be a supermarket and some chocolate or something, not exactly stabbing someone.)

Fund factory farms who cage animals and slaughter them for your taste buds all you like, but God forbid costing a major company 20p.
Last edited by Craigo at Nov 30, 2011,
Quote by Craigo
You're experiencing very high inflation, using an unholy amount of condoms or had a long due date to pay back by.

I'm aware it didn't make a huge difference; it probably didn't even save me $20. That being said, it took literally all of the money I had to pay it off, so I may not have been able to pay it on time if I hadn't done that. However, it was mostly just to keep with my policy of not spending any money whatsoever during that time period.
I don't steal (moral reasons) but, if I were to steal, I'd steal from a big company (like Wal-mart, as you said). I could never steal from someone I know, or a small shop/business.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I steal to satisfy my needs!
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
I've only ever stolen chocolate bars and stuff from supermarkets, and not for years.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last option. I'm not gonna lie, if I thought I could get away with it I would probably steal stuff. I'm well aware this is a terrible attitude, but I could have lied and simply said I've never stolen anything (which is true, since little kid stuff doesn't count). This option reflects the truth of my situation.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
I used to steal from Woolworths pick'n'mix when I was like 13. Nothing since.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Somekid94
Do chicken nuggets at work count?

Chickens can't count when they're alive so I doubt it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I've got 2 overdue fines and they haven't done anything about it yet. Except one turned into an enforcement order and have to pay $50 more. Gonna challenge the other one methinks.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I don't steal. As long as I got money I'd rather pay.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I've only ever stolen booze from a party before. I'd feel too guilty stealing anything else.
I used to steal sandwiches and juice at school and occasionally big chain supermarkets. Only did it so I could actually have lunch though so IMO i thinks its justifiable.
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
Page 1 of 2