Do you ever find guitar playing to be frustrating as hell? You work at something for longer than you hoped, and you still can't seem to get it?
That's why I put my guitar down and started making electronic music. Same thing happened. So I picked guitar up again, and did well at it.
I get frustrated at anything that I know I could be better at. I get pretty whacked out when I'm playing sports for that reason
I used to play all the time and get nowhere, but now I don't really play on weekends, so that when I come back to it through the week I come back to it without that sense of frustration, and I seem to do pretty well!
Language is the heart's lament, a weak attempt to circumvent the loneliness inherent in the search for permanence.
No, because I don't do it to get better, I do it to have fun.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
When you get frustrated with something, that is the time to take a break and come back to it when you are able to focus properly again - one of the most basic rules of effective practise methods.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by The_Sophist

what he said ^
Just practice more. And re apply your knowledge to other things, like piano, and practice more. You think the pros ever stop practicing? Nope. Practice more!
When things get frustrating it's best to give up.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Guitar, no

Banjo, yes... so ****ing frustrating since im just starting
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
That's why I bought a guitar but never played it. Can't be disappointed if you don't try. Instead I just came to the pit and blended in with you guys/girls.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by devourke
I get frustrated at anything that I know I could be better at. I get pretty whacked out when I'm playing sports for that reason

Do you play rugby?
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I try to avoid over-practicing, because it'll make you get sick of playing the guitar, what I like to do is variate between jamming/playing and practice, so mix both into your day of guitar playing!
Marshall 2008 MG100HDFX 100W Half-Stack
Epiphone 1998 Korina SG
Epiphone 1966 Custom Shop SG Reissue (Heritage Cherry)
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Black (Plain-top)
Epiphone DR-100
Taylor Big Baby
Taylor Baby
yes..and when I do, I put down the instrument and do something else, then when I pick the guitar back up, I don't play that riff or lick..I don't play it for several days..then when I go back, I'm not focusing as hard and I can usually get it if I struggled before..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by The_Sophist
This
ggg1 ggg3

I am pretty sick of practicing master of puppets. It's been 2 months and I STILL can't get it up to speed. **** this shit......
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
that video was great.....
Angry scotsman
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
I do get annoyed with it sometimes, but it is not comparable to the rage and frustration I get while playing FIFA12.
Quote by devourke

I used to be just like this. Straight up melt downs in front of everyone. Then one day I was like bro (myself) everyone is being cool, and you need to be cool too. So I chilled and I started playing significantly better.
It has only been frustrating for me initially when I was trying to learn and didn't really have the muscle memory down to make smooth chord transitions or play leads well. Once I got competent enough at that it became a lot easier to learn and apply new techniques. Now if there's something I can't do I'm more motivated rather than off put to learn the techniques. I'm also more efficient at learning now, and my ear is a lot better.