Hey, just like the title says, I'm looking for your guys' advice on what the best mic for vocals for $250 or under would be. I'll be recording normal singing, "screaming"/"growling"/whatever you want to call it, and acoustic guitars.

Hope you can help me out, thanks!
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Rode NT1A
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

I use a Shure Beta 58a. Works great. I tend to blast my music over my monitors when I record vocals, it rejects background noise very well. I'd definitely recommend it. I believe it's around $150 new.
A Blue Bluebird mic is around that price range and sounds fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
CAD m179. it has every polar pattern, rolloff, and 2 pads (for the screams)

it's great!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Used Audio Technica AT4040 and a used Oktava MK012 or Rode NT5.

The 4040 will be great for vocals, and the SDCs will be great in conjunction with it on an acoustic.

Another option is a used Shure SM7b, if you're focusing more on screaming than the other 2. It won't be great on acoustics, but it can sound very nice for singing on some people. Also works great on micing guitar amps.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
SM7 is great for loud vocals and guitars but like Matrix said it isn't great for acoustics. I'd say overall, just buy both the NT1A and the SM7 when you can get the cash and you'll have a great mic locker. If you can't afford either of those, even a cheap AT2035 and a SM57 would be great and will put you at about 200 total.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by xFilth
+1

Is the Rode the mic you used for the songs on your profile? They sound great!
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321
Is the Rode the mic you used for the songs on your profile? They sound great!

Yeah, and tbh, those are 1.5+ years old and my tracking and mixing have improved since then