Poll: Which band name do you prefer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which band name do you prefer?
Bears With Guns
32 54%
Customer Service
27 46%
Voters: 59.
My band's singer and I disagree over our name. We're a grungy alternative/post-hardcore band (think along the lines of Brand New, Smashing Pumpkins or Bush), and we're torn between two names; Customer Service and Bears With Guns. So, while we may not necessarily decide our name based on this poll, it may have some influence. That being said, I think it should be known we're very serious about this, and we'll soon be playing a show that will likely get us a fair bit of attention (at least, we'll be auditioning for it; from what I've heard about the quality of the other bands, we're pretty much guaranteed to get in), so whichever name we pick will likely be the one we stick with.
Eh....I think Bears with Guns sounds a bit better. Hard to comment on someone else's creative judgement.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
those are both awful, bad enough that they could have come from my blog of band names.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Nov 30, 2011,
Meh, I've know lots of High school garage bands that have involved bears in there band names. And while bears are ferocious, fuzzy, and awesome, i don't really like it for a band name. There is my 2 cents.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Those are probably two of the worst band names you could think of. Both would help in getting you noticed but not in the way you would like. Also, those names don't relate to a grungy alternative band. More like to a shitty punk band that no-one will ever like. Try harder.
Quote by moscaespañol
easily the most depressing thing i've seen today.

and i saw a kid drop his ice cream.
Do a cover of Kids with Guns by Gorillaz but say Bears With Guns. And use it to start every show.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Personally, I like neither. Customer Service sounds simil ar to The Postal Service. People would also need to search something like "customer service band" on the net so it cannot stand alone.

Bears With Guns is better. Catchy but it somehow feels trendy. Lots of recent bands use the three-word name like Four Year Strong, Set Your Goals, Count Your Blessings (just some random ones I can think of). Not to mention I Wrestled A Bear Once. If you have made a conscious decision to associate yourself with those bands/ scenes, I think Bears With Guns is quite rad. But if you want to stand out with some originality, you might wanna brainstorm again.
Two bands I'm obsessed about : Coheed and Cambria.
Start a satanic band and commit suicide for teh brootz.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Those honestly sound like two of the most unremarkable, generic band names I have ever heard.
Needs more originality.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Well there's already this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxziFMyRwDg&ob=av3e

And there's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5s5qGg01nE

The answer is obvious.

Both those names suck.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
If I had to choose I'd say Bears With Guns - but only because it makes me think of Bear Grylls (and thinking about Bear Grylls is always a good thing).
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Customer Service sounds like a band I might like but had a crappy name. I would not want to see Bears with Guns
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Bears With Guns sounds like your generic, angsty, metal teenager-type band, Customer Service sounds like a pop punk band. I don't like either but I guess if I had to choose it would be Customer Service.
West Ham United
Band names don't matter. They only matter when you make them matter by making them so pretentious that they can't be ignored.

Those names both fit into that category. Keep it simple and it will cease to be important.
Quote by CoCoPoPz
Those are probably two of the worst band names you could think of. Both would help in getting you noticed but not in the way you would like. Also, those names don't relate to a grungy alternative band. More like to a shitty punk band that no-one will ever like. Try harder.

Agreed
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
i have a feeling that the only reason people are voting bears with guns is because of the bear hump gif,

OT: i prefer customer service, apart from the comment mentioned that it might be confusing if you googled it, but honestly i think if the name isnt anything too stupid, it doesnt matter, like, how stupid do you think pink floyd would sound if they were some sucky euro-pop band? only exception i find for stupid names is ska bands, they usually try and pick something pretty stupid it seems.
Quote by Gyroscope
Customer Service
Bears with Guns

Just think about it.

yeah, but on the other hand, no ones going to even be looking for them on the internet until they get at least some popularity, they first have to play gigs and then hopefully get some people telling others about them. if they did name themselves that, i think it would probably be searchable once they get somewhat known anyway.

either that or they'll just tell UG about their band like everyone else and there should be no need to search.
Quote by iplayat11
Meh, I've know lots of High school garage bands that have involved bears in there band names. And while bears are ferocious, fuzzy, and awesome, i don't really like it for a band name. There is my 2 cents.

Yes this.

Not that Customer Service is a good name either.
Quote by Well.......
Rainbow Assmaster and the Sphincter Spelunkers

/RIP alaskan ninja

If that's not taking then I'm taking it.

OT: TS, don't go with either. Don't think about your band name too seriously, just something that isn't too generic will do the trick.