Page 1 of 2
Seeing as prejudice (racism, religion, etc) seems to come up so often in the pit, i thought wed test at to see how scientifically racist YOU are.
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/
I'm sure this is very old and many have seen it, but for those who haven't its very cool. Very simple subconscious test to see if your prejudice against all kinds of things.
Post your results!
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Prejudice against everything, yes, racist, no. I'll be the first to admit it.

Explain?
Quote by Saint78

Your Result
Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between African American and European American.

I think when I've taken it in the past it showed a slight preference for European Americans or something.
Quote by chaoticfables
It's 'prejudiced'. "Are you more prejudiced than a fifth grader?"

TS is a fifth grader ololol

Ya got me. Because nobody over the age of 10 makes typos.
Quote by Saint78

Oh God!!!!

Here's what I got on the Race test:

Your Result
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Light Skin compared to Dark Skin.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Your Result
Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between African American and European American.

What about Asian Americans?

Racist test is racist.
Quote by Dwight.Schrute
Explain?

I'm critical of everything, and I'll criticize and make fun of everything and everyone, but I do not hate people of another race because they are of another race and not my exact shade of skin color.

I can make racist remarks all day long, doesn't mean I'm a racist. I'll let that soak in, and it'll prolly just fly completely over ya'lls heads, like usual.
I just did the age one.

That was possibly the hardest test I've ever done. My error rate was something like 23% and the results came up the opposite of what I know to be true from experience. And I got really stressed towards the end as my fingers got more and more confused. I now feel kind of exhausted. I don't even know why.

It's an interesting concept though.
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Ninja'd ^^ Seems like it is kind of getting into the definition of racism. But I get what you are saying. I am interested in what you would get on the test itself.

I did the agism one and found that I strongly prefer young people. Not much of a surprise to me.
Quote by Saint78

^I don't think anyone thinks that simply making a racist remark makes you a racist. For example if you said "He's black, he probably likes watermelons", you're not being racist, you're just stereotyping, along the lines of "Asian women are bad drives" and "People from New Jersey are coloured orange and fist pump".

edit: to Ethan

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
^I don't think anyone thinks that simply making a racist remark makes you a racist. For example if you said "He's black, he probably likes watermelons", you're not being racist, you're just stereotyping, along the lines of "Asian women are bad drives" and "People from New Jersey are coloured orange and fist pump".

edit: to Ethan

You'd be surprised, if it was me who said it, they'd call me a racist just because I'm from Texas, and they assumed.
Quote by ethan_hanus
You'd be surprised, if it was me who said it, they'd call me a racist just because I'm from Texas, and they assumed.

No, they'd call you a racist because that's what you come across as. Stop acting like you're the victim here.
I don't feel racist, but the test said I have a strong preference to European Americans. I think it's because it took me a while to finally get the hang of it.
Quote by T.s.e
No, they'd call you a racist because that's what you come across as. Stop acting like you're the victim here.

I can come across as a baby killer if I make a baby joke, it's all about how said person perceives you or how skewed their perception of what people say is.
Quote by ethan_hanus

This is because of the loose definition of 'racism' and 'racist' applied in modern English.

That's not to say that there's not more racists in Texas

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I had no preference.

Although that might have been because I guessed how the test worked and gamed it a little to make me not racist.
Quote by Dwight.Schrute
Ya got me. Because nobody over the age of 10 makes typos.

The 'ololol' at the end should have given away my sarcasm -__-
Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

I only started messing them up because those fuckers mixed them up on me
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Moderate automatic preference of straight people over gay people.

Can't say I'm surprised, I've never really got to know a gay person

It also seems like I have a moderate preference of African Americans over European Americans. This is not correct since I see no difference between them, half my family is black so I've gotten used to it
Last edited by HaistaPaska92 at Dec 1, 2011,
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Arab Muslims compared to Other People.

I'm white and would consider myself having little to no prejudice... They confused me by switching things up halfway through.
Quote by iro-bot31
I'm white and would consider myself having little to no prejudice... They confused me by switching things up halfway through.

Yea that got me too. I was kind of hoping it would say I prefer blacks over whites even though I'm white just because
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for African American compared to European American.

Odd
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I didn't like this test. It got to the point where I had to hit the "E" and "I" keys when I ended up making loads of mistakes because I was getting used to certain words/pics going on a certain side. Somehow I'm a racist now.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Everyone in the Pit needs to do the fat/thin preference one.

The Pit is super PC and tolerant in many regards but its average pit monkey hates fat people with a fiery passion that I've never been able to understand.

...the test said I don't like fat people either.
Quote by dullsilver_mike

The Pit is super PC and tolerant in many regards but its average pit monkey hates fat people with a fiery passion that I've never been able to understand.

I'm pretty sure we don't hate fat people, just fatties.
Quote by dullsilver_mike

I don't hate fat people. Though I'm not as super PC as most of the Pit.

Can't stand political correctness. If a white guy is born in South Africa and he moved to America and became an American, wouldn't that make him African-American?
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
I only did the gay one... and I don't like how it's presented. You're more or less forced to associate something with certain categories, regardless of how you feel about them. I got no result because of too many errors.

I just felt weird knowing the idea of this was to see how I felt about things, yet in order to participate I need to more or less do word association against my will.
Quote by izbbass

Can't stand political correctness. If a white guy is born in South Africa and he moved to America and became an American, wouldn't that make him African-American?

The problem is most people who spend all of their time complaining about PC are just looking for an excuse to be bigot assholes. PC is pretty annoying but I would put up with it to so not hear people be blatantly ignorant fucks.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by dullsilver_mike

From my experience, most of us only dislike the fat people that expect sympathy for their obesity. At least that's the way I feel about them.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
The religion one is a good one too. I just took it with the suspicion that, because of my upbringing and the media around me, my subconscious is plagued with negative perceptions of Islam and positive perceptions of Christianity even though I have a conscious aversion to both that I'd put right on the same level.

Sure enough, they were at opposite ends of the scale, and Christianity was above Buddhism and Judaism, which I have have no conscious problems with at all.

I'd never seen it before and I have to say the site is pretty darn cool. It's great to test the suspicions I have about my own hidden ideas.
Quote by chaoticfables
It's 'prejudiced'. "Are you more prejudiced than a fifth grader?"

TS is a fifth grader ololol

This. People do that a lot with the word 'bias' as well. It irks me.

Are you well know?

Is he commit to her?

She is very educate about literature.

OT: Moderate preference toward white people. I think that's only natural though. I never really had black friends growing up and I don't spend my time around black people so I've been pretty unexposed. Couple that with the negative portrayal of black people in the media and the fact that black people as a demographic commit crimes at a higher rate (I know the reasons for this, but I'm talking about how it appears on the surface).

I always make it a conscious effort to fight against these things, though. We can't exactly control our subconscious

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Odd

Race-traitor
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 1, 2011,
"Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Arab Muslims compared to Other People."

I don't know why but okay.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I did these last year for a class. I had almost no preference in any of the tests except for the one about fat vs thin, and it said I preferred thin people. Weird, I didn't think I had a preference.
cat
Quote by izbbass

Yeah, which is why the term "African-American" is so stupid. I don't think I've ever actually heard a black person refer to themselves that away, anyways. Seems like something white people came up with to avoid sounding racist.

And by the way, I'm 100% white but half African-American. Hopefully that will give me a leg up in college admissions if I phrase it right.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Page 1 of 2