So I am most likely going to be acquiring an RG7421 soon, but the seller is selling it with BKP's, a Coldsweat and an Aftermath set in particular.

I know those pups are awesome, but I was wondering how well they'd work with my Engl, and trying to achieve a Scale the Summit and possibly Animals as Leaders kind of clean sound. The tapping legato kind of style (which the tone relies heavily on my technique, I'm assuming).
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Last edited by AWACS at Nov 30, 2011,
Probably depends on which BKPs they are, but I wouldn't worry about it. They should pretty definitely be better than the Ibanez stock no matter what they are, and you should be able to achieve a lot of versatility when you start rolling off the tone/volume knobs to get different sounds.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Sorry I was late on the edit Wolverine. The BKP set I would be getting is an Coldsweat/Aftermath combo.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Coldsweat sounds/looks like a really smooth pickup. If you can't get a decent tone out of it you're probably doing something wrong (no offense!). And yeah the aftermath tone should be sweet for metal in general. But this is of course guess work on my part as I've never used BKPs myself.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Okay well, I haven't played anything with BKP's in it, and I haven't looked at the BKP site in a long time ( I will now).
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive