Hey UG Comm!

I've noticed alot while playing my guitar that when I start strumming hard, my high e string (the thinnest string) tends to get stuck right under the humbucker. I usually just gently move it back and return it right under the B string. I was wondering if there's any fixes for this. I know Dimebag and Steve Vai put tape on their humbuckers for this reason, and if that's the best fix, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance,
ManTheDan.
As simple as it sounds...? Duct tape over the side of the pick-up?
Don't know any other ways to fix it.
Lower the pickup a little on the high side
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Strum lighter?

Sounds almost like the humbucker is too high. I've never had that happen on any of my guitars.
Steve Vai tapes the pickup down so that doesn't happen, you could try it.

edit: post down explains what I meant. I worded it poorly.
Last edited by griffin888 at Dec 1, 2011,
Quote by griffin888
Steve Vai tapes the pickup down so that doesn't happen, you could try it.

not really down, theres just tape over it so the string cant slip under. the tape doesn't affect the height of it
Covered humbuckers.
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
The pickup shouldn't be close enough to the strings for this to happen. Even if your pickup has a really strong magnet the string should never be able to get close enough to get stuck to the top of the humbucker, let alone stuck under it. Just lower your pickup. You'll get better response and sustain that way too.
Lower your pickup homie.
Gear:

Early 90's B.C. Rich STIII N.J. Series, Red Sparkle
1988 Charvel Model 4, Firecrackle - Retired
2003-04s Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, Gray Nickel
Line 6 Spidervalve HD100 MK1 with Marshall VS412
Slow down and work on your technique so that it doesn’t get stuck in the first place.
Quote by Miiiiks
As simple as it sounds...? Duct tape over the side of the pick-up?
Don't know any other ways to fix it.

This... Except use electricians tape instead, the residue it leaves is easily removed and the tape itself is easy to remove if you want to. This is also what Dimebag did on his guitars.
I did that ONCE, actually funniest moment ever playing guitar.
Put some tape on if it its really pissing you off, but it's never been a problem for me.
METAL!