I jammed with a guy today who was using a Line 6 Spider IV 75 watts. I struggled not to lol because of all the bashing that those amps get on here. Then I realized that I didn't actually know the reason for all the hate. Can someone explain?
because they sound like crap... in a box... with knobs to adjust how much crap it puts out /thread

lol
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
The smaller ones are passable practice amps, and you can find a decent tones in them, if you know what you're doing. However, as I said, they're a practice amp, nothing more, and getting the larger models is just, I feel, pointless.
And there's much better practice amps for better money too. So no point getting the smaller ones, either.
because they are only good as practice amps nothing more
and for the money of the bigger ones you could get a better amp
...i also just dont like how they sound especialy at low gain
There are quite a few amps out there that sound good for the first few hours, even a few days but after that all you want to do is throw them off a bridge. The Spider is very much like that. On first listening they seem quite good. Then your ear adjusts and you want to kick it.
The old Peavey Bandit was like that. I played with a guy that had one. For the first few sessions I quite liked it. After a few weeks I couldn't stand the sound of the muddy, monotonous piece of crap.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by telemetal
The smaller ones are passable practice amps, and you can find a decent tones in them, if you know what you're doing. However, as I said, they're a practice amp, nothing more, and getting the larger models is just, I feel, pointless.

Pretty much, this. Any single-speaker combo would make for a nice bedroom amp.

The Spiders are good practice amps, especially for someone who is just starting at guitar. It gives them a wide spectrum to work with, and all the basic effects. The most recent Spiders are pretty sweet as far as letting you tweak more effect parameters.
I'm sorry to have to tell you TS but this is a banned thread topic. If it gets closed you will know why.