I went crazy the other day and sold my beloved Triple Rectifier. It had been through a lot with me but for the stuff I'm playing now I needed something that would sound more clear and defined when I'm playing complex chords, but could still get heavy. One of my favorite bands is The Fall of Troy and they always raved about Budda amps so I figured I'd give the 45 watt head a shot. I found a floor model on eBay for $1200. Not only did I get a smoking deal but I got to support a small guitar shop at the same time. (I also got a matching 2x12 cab which is still in transit).

Haven't played it much yet, just about 20 minutes through an Orange 4x12 and it sounded smoking hot. I'd say a mix between a hot rodded Marshall and my Mesa. I can play the weirdest chords and everything comes through but they'll still sound heavy with plenty of distortion. I don't think I played with the clean channel at all. So more reviews to come. But so far the amp feels as though it was built like a tank and sounds amazing.

The UPS guy must have been too busy to open the gate and leave my $1200 amp by my front door. Just put it by the driveway instead bro. It's also cool that on the tracking page it says "left on porch." Really dude?

Sexay!

Budda at the jam-cave

congrats!

i had the 18 watt for a while. crazy loud friggin' amp.

enjoy that pig.

and get either a clip or more of a review up soon.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Very, very nice.

HNAD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Amazing! You've come a long way from the days of the Valveking. I know a guy who plays the Superdrive 30 in a reggae band, these amps are crazy versatile despite sharing an EQ between the channels.

Nice Verelleleleleleleleleleelelelelelelen by the way.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Amazing! You've come a long way from the days of the Valveking. I know a guy who plays the Superdrive 30 in a reggae band, these amps are crazy versatile despite sharing an EQ between the channels.

Nice Verelleleleleleleleleleelelelelelelen by the way.

OP - nice i like it. HNAD.

raijouta, weren't you a VK'er too? that was my first tube amp, i have gone far. since then...
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I still have it and I still post in the VK thread.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
I still have it and I still post in the VK thread.

thats cool. it really gets a poor rep, i would certainly take it over a Blackstar HT or Bugera or a number of other amps out there.

once you have the dummy jack , an OD out front, decent tubes, EQ in the loop , and a decent speaker, you get a pretty damn good sounding amp. that allows you to do decent blues on the clean channel with the OD, or just cleans, and plenty of gain.

the problem is is that people look at the other things as a sunken cost. but in reality its not. evverybody really needs an OD and an EQ, 6L6's go in hundreds of different amplifiers, and a good speaker.

i made $200 off of mine on the deal. i paid $200 for the head and a Line 6 cab (not the lower end one) sold the head for ~$275 and sold the cab for $300
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
What's that sir? You didn't recieve your amp when it was left on your porch? We'll get a replacement sent out to you asap...

Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jet City JCA20H
Orange PPC212
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Boss DD-7
Digitech Whammy IV
HOLY SHIT YOU HAVE A VERELLEN

so much jelly.

the budda is cool too, i guess.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Thanks guys! I remember the VK! I like the way it sounded but I got a lemon and was so mad about it I got that B52 instead. The Verellen belongs to the singer of my band. He designed the new shirts for Ben Verellen and got a Skyhammer and road case as payment. Even the road case needs a road case !
Congrats!

As mentioned earlier, do a review and/or clips!

Quote by trashedlostfdup
... i made $200 off of mine on the deal. i paid $200 for the head and a Line 6 cab (not the lower end one) sold the head for ~$275 and sold the cab for $300

~$375, yea?
I'm actually going in on Saturday with my band to do a 5 song demo. Gonna use this Budda, an Orange AD30, and the Budda 2x12 cab. I'll post the tunes up when they're done!
Finished the recording sesh yesterday. Here's one of the unmixed tracks on my band's page. I recorded with the Budda 45 through the Budda 2x12 cab. My engineer then re-amped my dry signal from my pickups through an Orange Rockerverb 100 and panned each amp to one channel. Then he re-amped the dry signal again through the Budda with different settings and put it in the center.

It sounds fantastic. Enjoy!

http://www.reverbnation.com/stillsea
Last edited by drewfromutah at Dec 5, 2011,
Quote by drewfromutah
I put it on my profile as well. It's called "Divested Shell"

Sounds lovely. Can't understand the lyrics though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D