So, first and foremost, I am a total noob at midi, and triggering, and software and all this technical mumbo jumbo lol but I would really like to learn.

Anywho, so I recently purchased Addictive drums, installed it, and got it to work to trigger with my electric drumset (OSP Mark II DD-502). The problem? I can't seem to make it trigger the right sounds via midi (i think via midi?) When I hit the hi-hat on the drums, it plays back and shows that the crash cymbal is being triggered. The bass drum doesn't trigger anything, and well basically the only thing that seems to trigger the right part is the snare.

Anybody know how to route the drums correctly because I would really love to start recording with some "realistic" drums haha.

Currently my set up is: Drumset ----> Midi Out on module -----> Midi-In on Tascam US-800 Interface -----> Addictive Drums/Cubase
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Last edited by EncoreBlade at Dec 1, 2011,
Ok.... I'm going to try to hash out some very basic midi knowledge, but bear with me I'm pretty tired :P

Each drum on your set (snare, bass, etc) is set to play a certain thing on your computer. Right? right. we can agree on that. This is done by each thing having an assigned number (let's say the snare is 45, bass drum is 46, something like that. That is not at all what it would be, just throwing numbers out there)

anyways, the samples in addictive drums woudl be set so when you hit a snare, the computer gets the number 45, and addictive knows that the number 45 means to play the snare sound.

These numbers are called midi note numbers

POINT IS on both the software and your drumset you should be able to change what number corresponds to what... I'm not sure how to do it with either as I have no experience with either but give that a shot. Also a lot of the times with drum software there'll be an option where you can set each sample to "learn" a midi command... so you turn this on, hit a pad, and that pad is automatically assigned to the sample.

Sorry if that is not at all helpful, I'm shit at explaining :P
^thanks! That was actually pretty helpful. It's just I wish there was a tutorial or a guide about this sort of thing. Knowing how it works is great knowledge, but I'm still not understanding how to do it within the programs I have. Thanks for the info though! I was wondering what all the numbers meant on the manual for the drumset.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater