Who plays table tennis, Pit? What does the general public think of table tennis? It's called a sport, but compared to real exercise I do, running and skateboarding, it's hardly exercise at all. I think of it more in the board game category lol.

A friend and I just started playing, and we're already getting pretty damn good after about 4 hours of play over two days. We're both from tennis backgrounds when we were younger, so the translation aint that bad. The order goes precision -> accuracy -> strength. We got the precision down, so it's now all about placement.

Discuss everything about this great board game.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Dec 1, 2011,
I always hit the ball too hard, which sends it flying a good distance. Gotta fix that.
ggg1 ggg3

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad at it. Actually, I'm bad at anything involving nets.

I wish I was good at it though, it looks fun.
cat
I remember my parents and i went to some terribly dull Pontins holiday camp when i was young and there was so little going on my dad and i played table tennis for 2 weeks solid.

We got pretty damned good in that 2 weeks of boredom. Too bad he's now dead and i suck at table tennis again.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I play table tennis is my gym class. I'm pretty good, and I've only lost one game, but I hardly consider it to be a gym activity.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

I used to play. It was quite fun. I have a friend who's pretty good at it.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Table tennis is one of those sports where you have to reach a certain level if you want to get some real exercise out of it.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
When I broke my right wrist (I'm righthanded) I got really good at playing tabletennis with my left hand. Couldn't play tennis, write, play guitar etc so it was a good way to pass the time.
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
I'm not very good at it. I'm too clumsy and slow to react.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Played for a while. If you're not sweating as much as you do in skateboarding you're doing it wrong. People have this perception that table tennis means standing still and hitting balls 3 m high. Same problem with tennis and badminton.
Also, once in a while you get to do something like this. You feel like a boss afterwards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luVfBZ7I2Mk

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Dec 1, 2011,
There's a tabletennis-table at my faculty. Life is good.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Maybe if you suck shit at it then you wont get exercise. Put two good players against each other and have them duke it out and you'll see very quickly how much exercise is required. It's not a physically easy sport.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
Maybe if you suck shit at it then you wont get exercise. Put two good players against each other and have them duke it out and you'll see very quickly how much exercise is required. It's not a physically easy sport.

This. I used to do it for a year or three when I was younger and I found it more exhausting than say soccer or hockey.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
It's faster than soccer and often faster than hockey. The mental focus alone takes a lot of energy.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by darkstar2466
Who plays table tennis, Pit? What does the general public think of table tennis? It's called a sport, but compared to real exercise I do, running and skateboarding, it's hardly exercise at all. I think of it more in the board game category lol.

A friend and I just started playing, and we're already getting pretty damn good after about 4 hours of play over two days. We're both from tennis backgrounds when we were younger, so the translation aint that bad. The order goes precision -> accuracy -> strength. We got the precision down, so it's now all about placement.

Discuss everything about this great board game.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
i do work in ping pong. i play tennis, so the spin shots are pretty similar.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
I used to play in a team, and took part in competitions and such. But it got too stressing and demanding, and I couldn't keep up with that, my band and studies at the same time, so obviously I decided to leave. And I'm glad I did, I didn't like how things worked there.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
typical holiday sport. after two weeks of summer I'm a table tennis god.