I recently bought a Fleabass which came with Flea's signature strings and they sound brilliant for slap and popping, and work with nearly everything else to, but they are fading and are losing the brightness and the punchiness.
Normally when I'd go to buy strings I'd buy anything I could get my hands on (usually end up being rotorsound or ernie ball) and I was wondering if there are any strings out there specifically for slap bass, or give a better sound when playing slap.

-R
Currently tormenting: FleaBass Street bass, Dean Edge 10A PJ, Wesley Acrylic 5, Fender Strat, Ibanez GRG250, H&S 6.
AMPS: Kustom Defender, Laney 300

Officer: How high are you?
My buddy: No officer, it's 'Hi how are you?'
Well, Flea has his signature GHS Boomers, and I think that they are great for slap.
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
rotosound swing 66 could be good, i don't play slap primarily but i find they suit it when i do.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Try GHS super steels. If you keep 'em clean, they stay pretty bright for a long time. I've had mine on for about 3 months and they're still quite bright and really punchy. Also, they're about $10 cheaper than rotosounds.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Don't know any really that are ''bass-slap specific'', but i'll tell you that you can't go wrong at all with Rotosound 66s.
pinga
DR Lo-Riders are great for slapping.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
DR Lo-Riders are great for slapping.

+1
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Ernie Ball super slinkies, they stay bright fairly long, and are comfortable to play on. Honestly string preference is so personal that everyone here is pretty much just going to post their favorite strings. There aren't really strings that are the best at anything.
Quote by Pandawithapick
Ernie Ball super slinkies, they stay bright fairly long, and are comfortable to play on. Honestly string preference is so personal that everyone here is pretty much just going to post their favorite strings. There aren't really strings that are the best at anything.

+1
Currently tormenting: FleaBass Street bass, Dean Edge 10A PJ, Wesley Acrylic 5, Fender Strat, Ibanez GRG250, H&S 6.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I think I'll just play it safe and get some more GHS boomers first then try different strings at a later date
-R

DR Hi-Beams - fantastic strings if you can afford them!

If not, Rotosound Swing 66s are the next best thing (imo of course)
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!