So I'm thinking on buying the Yamaha Pacifica 112V for 200€ but I have no money for the amp Is this a bad choice to buy the guitar first and then the amp when I have the money?

Thanks in advance
Assuming you're just starting out, this is an okay way to go around it. You don't need an amp to learn any of the basic techniques and in fact learning the basics 'unplugged' will save other people around you from having to put up with all your failed attempts at barre chords and hammer-ons. It's a fact of learning, everyone sucks in the beginning and an unplugged electric guitar is about as loud as most peoples' normal talking voice. No need to amplify when you're starting. Get an amp as soon as you can of course, but don't worry about it if you have to start off with no amp.
Quote by grohl1987
Assuming you're just starting out, this is an okay way to go around it. You don't need an amp to learn any of the basic techniques and in fact learning the basics 'unplugged' will save other people around you from having to put up with all your failed attempts at barre chords and hammer-ons. It's a fact of learning, everyone sucks in the beginning and an unplugged electric guitar is about as loud as most peoples' normal talking voice. No need to amplify when you're starting. Get an amp as soon as you can of course, but don't worry about it if you have to start off with no amp.

^ ignore any posts below this one.

there's no better advice you're gonna get than from grohl1987
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I had an electric guitar without an amp for about a year.

Its not really ideal but it makes a hell of a lot more sense than buying the amp first!
definitely get the guitar before the amp for the main reason that you cant play an amp
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Heck ya... get the guitar... ask the guy behind the counter about a headphone amp... 20 -30 bucks, and you can jam all day.... well, as long as you keep batteries in it...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Why wait? You can still play the guitar no matter what.

And the guitar will work without the amp but not the other way around.
Quote by LivinJoke84

Its not really ideal but it makes a hell of a lot more sense than buying the amp first!

+1

yeah it'll work fine if you have no other option.

EDIT: what country are you in, out of interest?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The amp will just be a distraction at first any ways. I played for roughly 2 or 3 months before getting my first amp and when I got it I was so excited to play it that I got way off track from practicing.
Quote by Dave_Mc

+1

yeah it'll work fine if you have no other option.

EDIT: what country are you in, out of interest?

Portugal.
You can't play an amp. Buy the guitar and save up for the amp.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
ah ok, i just wondered when you said euros. I know a guitar shop in ireland is selling some nice lag guitars for 200 euros, but if you're in portugal, probably not much point.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You need both. It is an electric guitar. You learn to play the amp as much as the guitar.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Just think of your electric guitar as a shitty acoustic until you can buy an amp :P
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
I definitely second the idea of the guitar first. And it might be a stupid idea, but if you can't get a real amp at first a micro amp might help you get by as you practice.

http://www.amazon.com/Marshall-MS2-Micro-Amp/dp/B000BVS7WQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_petsupplies_1

http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Plug-Play-Guitar-Amp/dp/B00345GTY4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_petsupplies_5
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Get a really expensive amplifier first.
Then you won't be tempted after buying your crappy Yamamahah OMG I REALLY NEED AN AMP IM GONNA BUY THE CHEAPEST ONE I CAN FIND.

After a few years you'll thank me.
METAL!
If I were you I'd probably just buy an acoustic guitar. They're harder to learn on, but they're loud, you can play em around the campfire or with friends, and you'll learn the basics on them. If you already own one, then yeah definitely get the electric guitar first.

Yamaha's are alright, I'd maybe trying to save a bit more and getting a Standard Squier which is a better instrument IMO.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
i'd get the yamaha and worry about the amp later. good luck.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by evmac
Yamaha's are alright, I'd maybe trying to save a bit more and getting a Standard Squier which is a better instrument IMO.

my SG700S is a gorgeous guitar...

reckon i swap that for a squier???
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Listen to grohl1987 and Vecheka's condensed version. Ignore Bhaok, since his/her advice is like saying you have to buy peanut butter and a knife. You can enjoy the PB on its own and get a taste for what you can do with it, but the knife by itself is just good for attacking people.

Also, I want a sandwich.
I am a fake mountain.
Guitar and Vox Amplug. Best of both worlds.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC