i realize im spammin this thread wid questions uhh hahah

i actualy started w/ acoustic guitar for a year. pure fingers. the music really wasn't my type

so 5 months ago i learned to use a pick. n startd to realy try learnin electric. after so long of not trying acoustic...... doing the basic D chord was so difficult LOL it hurt i had no calluses anymore. i realized i cant hammer on pull off in acoustic or barre or somethin. but in electric its sooo soft ,,i dont wna keep practicing its reaaally boring for me since i dont like those music.

anyway is it possibl to learn electric w/o having the strength needed in acoustics or do i need it :|
what

play what's comfortable, but being able to perform basic techniques on an acoustic will help you a lot when it comes to overcoming that hurdle on an electric anyway. going from barre chords on an acoustic to an electric makes you feel like you could hold an Fmaj for 3 hours
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by luxeion
i realize im spammin this thread wid questions uhh hahah

i actualy started w/ acoustic guitar for a year. pure fingers. the music really wasn't my type

so 5 months ago i learned to use a pick. n startd to realy try learnin electric. after so long of not trying acoustic...... doing the basic D chord was so difficult LOL it hurt i had no calluses anymore. i realized i cant hammer on pull off in acoustic or barre or somethin. but in electric its sooo soft ,,i dont wna keep practicing its reaaally boring for me since i dont like those music.

anyway is it possibl to learn electric w/o having the strength needed in acoustics or do i need it :|

Do whatever you want, they are both different instruments.

An effectice way is to:
Practice building finger strength on the acoustic (trills + chords)
then do everything else on the electric.
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
No.

/thread
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Play what the hell you want. If you want to play electric and find acoustic stuff boring then just play electric.

I dont really see what the issue is, does someone have a knife in your back forcing you to play shit songs that you hate?
Quote by LivinJoke84
Play what the hell you want. If you want to play electric and find acoustic stuff boring then just play electric.

Yeah pretty much this. Each instrument presents different challenges, being able to play one really well doesn't automatically make you fantastic at the other. If you only like stuff that features electric guitar, only play the electric guitar.

Some people might say "yeah but the acoustic's harder" or something - just ignore them. While electric is certainly easier on the fretting hand, the electric guitar presents other challenges. There are different things to worry about on an electric - excess noise from overdrive, effects, the presence of a whammy bar, the techniques that you see more frequently on an electric. etc. etc.

I remember when I got my first electric and found it harder to play than my acoustic - I was so used to playing the acoustic, that I'd push way too hard on the strings on the electric causing a lot of notes to be out of tune. I soon got over it, just saying - each presents unique challenges. One isn't superior to the other, and you are under no obligation to be able to play both. If you don't want to, don't.
ESP Horizon FR II (EMG) / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab & LiquiFire pickups)
I never played acoustic. I've had an acoustic guitar in my hands mabye 3-4 times, and it is a lot harder to play, plus the body is so much thicker. I don't like it, I don't play it. I love electric and that's all I'm interested in atm.
It really depends on what you want out of the instrument. I know that I always wanted an electric guitar before I started playing. After seeing some youtube videos about slapping techniques and other jazzy type things, I bought an acoustic. It all depends on how you develop as a guitarist.
thanks, it's because I got the idea that people who work on acoustic have stronger fingers, and if that their improvement will be much faster, i just wished efficiency in my practice routines

An effectice way is to:
Practice building finger strength on the acoustic (trills + chords)
then do everything else on the electric.

i like this ideaaaa?