View poll results: Audix D4 vs AKG D112
Audix D4
0 0%
AKG D112
2 50%
Other (Please Specify)
2 50%
Voters: 4.
Which would you recommend I use for recording kick drum for metal? I'm also welcome to any suggestions within the same price range .
I haven't tried the D4, but I hear it's more versatile than the D6, which is really only good for metal and more aggressive styles IMO. Some people really dislike it on kick, while others much prefer it to the D6, so that's kind out in the air.

I have a D112, it's alright. I got it to test against my Beta 52 and it's too boomy for me. With some EQ, I could see it sounding great, but my Beta 52 gets super close to how I want my kick to sound, without even doing anything to it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I haven't tried the D4, but I hear it's more versatile than the D6, which is really only good for metal and more aggressive styles IMO. Some people really dislike it on kick, while others much prefer it to the D6, so that's kind out in the air.

I have a D112, it's alright. I got it to test against my Beta 52 and it's too boomy for me. With some EQ, I could see it sounding great, but my Beta 52 gets super close to how I want my kick to sound, without even doing anything to it.

Oh right. I've been looking into the Beta 52. It does sound pretty damn good actually. I found this really helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZISC-IQ5rrc&feature=related