I've got this programmed Drum Track I wrote but I want to bring down the velocity of more than 1 of the snare hits. I know on Logic theres a velocity tool where you can bring down more than 1 note's velocity at once but is there something like that on Cubase 5 or do I have to do them 1 by one with the pencil tool?

Select the snares only and you will only see their velocity levels, then you may bring them all down.
Quote by Martis93
Select the snares only and you will only see their velocity levels, then you may bring them all down.

Is it possible to change their velocities all at once is what i'm asking.
Yeah. Highlight them all in the velocity window at the bottom, and drag one up/down. The rest should follow.

That drum track is going to sound utterly unrealistic though. If you're using a good drum library, you really want to tweak the velocities for added realism. Jamstix can do a good job of that, automatically.
Ah, just the snare hits? in that case you'll want to select all the snares by dragging along them.
Then hover your cursor around the top edge of one of the notes and the cursor will change - hold down your mouse button and drag up and down to affect the velocity of all selected notes.

EDIT: Doesn't Cubase have a 'drum editor' view? That would be the quickest way, I think it only displays velocity for whichever drum you've currently selected...exactly what you wanted.
Last edited by kyle62 at Dec 1, 2011,
Quote by kyle62
Yeah. Highlight them all in the velocity window at the bottom, and drag one up/down. The rest should follow.

That drum track is going to sound utterly unrealistic though. If you're using a good drum library, you really want to tweak the velocities for added realism. Jamstix can do a good job of that, automatically.

That only changes one at a time, even if I do have them all selected :/. And i'm using Superior Drummer 2.0, it's got a humanize feature which makes it sound pretty realistic in my opinion.

Quote by kyle62
Ah, just the snare hits? in that case you'll want to select all the snares by dragging along them.
Then hover your cursor around the top edge of one of the notes and the cursor will change - hold down your mouse button and drag up and down to affect the velocity of all selected notes.

EDIT: Doesn't Cubase have a 'drum editor' view? That would be the quickest way, I think it only displays velocity for whichever drum you've currently selected...exactly what you wanted.

That didn't seem to work for me :/. The drum editor is pretty good actually. I might just use this and change the velocities one by one. Cheers.