I'm in need of some new gigging leads but need some advise.

Does a more expensive lead really sound a lot better quality? Or does it not affect the tone much?
What are some reliable makes? (Sick of buying leads and them breaking after about 10 gigs.)

I'm after a 20ft (6m) and a 30ft (9m) lead if possible. And is there anywhere that sells leads which have right-angled jacks on both ends of the lead?
Amp:
Blackstar HT-50 Head
Orange PPC212

Guitars:
Fender Telecaster '62 Re-issue ('84)
Takamine G-Series Acoustic

Pedals:
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Boss TU-3
Boss DD-3
Boss BF-3
ISP Decimator
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Jim Dunlop DC Brick
Quote by andrewfx
Does a more expensive lead really sound a lot better quality? Or does it not affect the tone much?

Usually they don't make the sound much better. Reliability totally depends on the plugs.

Quote by andrewfx
What are some reliable makes? (Sick of buying leads and them breaking after about 10 gigs.)

It's quite easy to solder new plugs at the end of the cables. Just try to find ones that seem the most durable.
Quote by durhamdynamo
I like my coffee like I like my women.

Covered in bees!
Last edited by diamanth at Dec 1, 2011,
Most of the cables that cost 30 USD or euros and up have really good plugs. I think it's totally worth investing in cables, as I would hate to buy new ones every year. I like these Cordial Roadlines that I have, but the Proco Lifelines are excellent too.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

kabl or award session/cleartone are pretty good, especially for the money, in the UK. You can get pro quality cables for £10-£15 a pop.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?