logicbdj
Tab Contributor
500 IQ
Very little is mentioned of the incredible craftsmanship of Eggle guitars. I'm having one made, and should have it sometime in February. Does anyone here have any experience with the man and his creations?
Beemer2
Beemer2
10 IQ
Quote by logicbdj
Very little is mentioned of the incredible craftsmanship of Eggle guitars. I'm having one made, and should have it sometime in February. Does anyone here have any experience with the man and his creations?

I own a Signature Edition designed by Patrick but handmade in Czech.

12 fret Spruce/Rosewood/Ebony

Ian
logicbdj
Tab Contributor
500 IQ
How are you liking the action and sound... and have you compared it to Gibson, Martin, etc.?
Beemer2
Beemer2
10 IQ
Compared it to Martin 000 and Huss and Dalton 12 frets. I knew immediately that the Faith was for me. I paid 1580 UK pounds (2250 US)

I thought the action was too high but after measuring it is exactly on spec. Every part of this guitar both external and internal is as well finished as I could expect. Absolutely no flaws. The neck is perfectly aligned with only the slightest upward bow and has not changed in the 12 months I have owned it. I use a Peterson strobe tuner and can say that the guitar does significantly change tuning with temperature. My guitar tutor owns a Collings and has told me that my guitar sounds as good but will improve with age (unlike me as I am 64!)

My other guitar is a 1968 Harmony Sovereign Deluxe

Ian
Last edited by Beemer2 at Dec 1, 2011,
stephen_naylor
10 IQ
Hi,

I bought a 'Patrick James Eggle' Linville cutaway acoustic from Patrick Eggle earlier this year. The build quality is fantastic with some beautiful wood.

Action and sound is incredible. I have an Eggle Berlin electric from 1993 but had always coveted one of his acoustic guitars.

I must admit it was worth the wait and every penny of the cost.

If you are in the market give him a ring, I must admit customer service was fantastic I dealt with Patrick himself.

Good luck
snakestretcher
10 IQ
I've been tempted by the Faith 'Naked' series Jupiter jumbo. Looks like an impressive instrument (all solid timbers), at a great price. I have yet to play one. I owned an early Patrick Eggle New York Standard electric many years ago. That was a lovely little guitar, and a unique design.