Hey guys, I am in need of a new guitar and I am quite interested in a Schecter c-1 Hellraiser FR and a Schecter c-1 blackjack FR. Do you guys know anything about the necks on these, none of my local guitar shops have them in stock and I cannot play them . I heard that schecter necks feel like baseball bats, is this true?
I like Schecters when I play them. I don't know the actual thickness of a neck but they aren't incredibly thin nor very thick. I know I can move all over the fretboard when I'm playing a schecter. Inf act I tried a Hellraiser c-1 last friday and almost bought it, but I decided on a c-7.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
The one Hellraiser I've played was a 7 string... And that thing felt Really beefy... Not baseball thick, but still a big thing compared to the Ibanez necks Im used with.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
The Schecters' necks feel odd to me, they're not beefy though, at least to me. I'm used to the neck of a Gibson LP, so go figure..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

never liked their necks, always felt too fat and oddly cheap.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
so they are fat and can take a while to adjust to, but definately playable?
Quote by LPshin
so they are fat and can take a while to adjust to, but definately playable?

Schecter necks really aren't THAT fat.

They're like that really hot chick in the front of the class who isn't fat, but isn't skinny and is flat out sexy.
Quote by Somekid94
Schecter necks really aren't THAT fat.

They're like that really hot chick in the front of the class who isn't fat, but isn't skinny and is flat out sexy.

Oh god yesssss I can't wait for my C-7 to get here.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day