Page 1 of 3
(inspired by Johnny and his cute little buttercup face)

Ok so why all the hype???

Periphery, Born of Osirus, Veil of Maya, etc

All these bands suck complete ass. OMG BUT THEY USE A 7 AND DROP TUNE \m/

Djent to me is a horrible, horrible phase that will pass once these kids no longer fit into skinny jeans and jewlery belts.

Born of osirus for example, all pretty talented. Can play mean aggressive stuff but then immediately follow it up by a brittney spears riff (man you should hear her play a Drop tuned 7).

Veil of Maya Meya whatever. ok soo We get it guys, you can write a breakdown. Try something else. The thing that bothers me its its the same over and over and over. Not one or 2 breakdowns on a cd. Its like 5-6 per song. Get real, and get a little more creative.

What makes this whole thing really bad is that when you guys were still sucking on your moms tits, out came a little band called Meshugga. They devastated the underground metal world with the new breakthrough. Wow.. cool, awesome

10 years and 17 albums later its still the same. Where is the progression, where is the "wow these guys got good". (I can already hear their new album in my head)

And now we have a whole new subgenre called Djent. Hmm how can we make this as annoying as 5 minutes of breakdowns? Lets call it Djent. yeah that works.

To me Djent was a phrase (might have been Djun) when I was 16 to tell my other guitarist about a cool riff I came up with when I didnt have a guitar handy. Like dude it goes like this Djunt Djunt Dje Djun Djee, DweedleyDeedleydoo. Freaking awesome right?

Tip to all the youngsters. Stop ripping off Meshugga and stop wearing girly jeans.

People that see you play will know. And if they dont they will catch on.

For every new fad there are a good 5 or so knock offs before its time to move on.

Well Those 5 bands are already here boys and girls. So now its time to evolve.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
It's obvious ts is gay and likes djent. Which is totally fine.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by WantsLesPaul
It's dubstep.

I heard its "progressive metal"

But I hear more pop than metal in most of it....
Quote by maddnotez
I heard its "progressive metal"

But I hear more pop than metal in most of it....

So, you don't know what djent is and you still hate it?

Yeah, that seems go along well with the general idea of yourself you've given so far.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
It's dubstep.

False but kind of-ish
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Last edited by Briyan_15 at Dec 1, 2011,
Quote by KeepOnRotting
You're 31 and you haven't mastered grammar yet?

Please see the previous thread as I do not give 2 sheets about how to properly type YouR"ER""
Quote by Pat_s1t
C'mon mods, why is this guy still able to post?

I am not sure. But I think its because this is the pit and anything goes?

Why are you still walking? You try to report people to mods. If you live every day life this way dont be suprised if someday someone puts you in a wheelchair.

Didnt your momma teach you not to tattle?
I think you're mistaking djent for emo deathcore. You state a band like Periphery (who are djent, yes, you are correct), but then everything you describe fits into deathcore/metalcore/anycore and not into djent. The only thing you stated that I'll agree with is that yes, most djent bands are 100% Meshuggah rip-offs. The only djent band I can enjoy is Periphery, but I still think what you wrote makes no sense...
Quote by frankv
Yeah, but normal fitting jeans > either

Well actually wearing what suits you > everything else.

That oughta do it

Quote by maddnotez

Why are you still walking? You try to report people to mods. If you live every day life this way dont be suprised if someday someone puts you in a wheelchair.

Being abusive and overall just being plain obnoxious doesn't go here at all.
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at Dec 1, 2011,
Quote by guitaristren
It's 2 deep for OP.

Anyway, Cloudkicker is pretty good.

More like to mindless.

Listen to the latest Deathspell Omega, Part 3 of the trilogy and then talk to me about being too deep.
The guy's argument is sound. All Djent is terrible, he's totally proven it. looks like we'll have to move onto better music, there's no possible way we can enjoy it if it's all just breakdowns

What I'm trying to say is, TS is a cunt
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by maddnotez

10/10
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Well actually wearing what suits you > everything else.

That oughta do it

Being abusive and overall just being plain obnoxious doesn't go here at all.

I would think obnoxious is the replies these idiots gave on my why drop a 7 thread.
djent seems like it's gonna be boring after killing out a band/album/song, but then it just surprises you with more awesomeness.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I just noticed all the Djent defenders and all the people who tattle to mods are all from UK.

They say its a small world but man are things different where I come from.
Quote by maddnotez
I would think obnoxious is the replies these idiots gave on my why drop a 7 thread.

What the hell is this sentence supposed to say?

Did you ever finish school?

Maybe you should let your cat type for you...

Quote by maddnotez
I just noticed all the Djent defenders and all the people who tattle to mods are all from UK.

Maybe because it's day time on a thursday in the US and most people are supposed to work/be in school.

In Europe it's night.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Dec 1, 2011,
Ok so I was 100% correct, you don't even know what djent is. Periphery are djent, yes, but Born of Osiris and Veil of Maya are NOT DJENT. They are gay ass emo deathcore!

PS: No offence, but "why would you drop tune a seven string" is one of the dumbest questions ever asked. Pretty much for the same reason you'd drop tune a six string, to get better access to chords that would otherwise be impossible and other tones that would otherwise be impossible....
Quote by maddnotez

Oh yeah, I totally forgot theres a big sticky at the top of The Pit called The Rules.

Why am I still walking? I don't know, maybe because I'm not incessantly rude to people that aren't rude to me. If you behave in real life situations the same way you do on the internet, don't be surprised if you get taken out by someone not too happy with the statements you're making.

One good thing did come of reading this post though. I just remembered I can put you on an ignore list. Problem solved.
Quote by maddnotez

Yeah, we noticed. I hear the US can be a pretty terrible place. Didn't St. Loius end up on the top 10 most dangerous US cities?

Also, I'm from Canada.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Dec 1, 2011,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
What the hell is this sentence supposed to say?

Did you ever finish school?

Maybe you should let your cat type for you...

Oh fine....

Dearest Art Though,

I would quite certainly, In fact highly agree with oneself that the true Obnoxiousism was from a much earlier thread.

A thread of which a 31 yr old who apparently looks like George Castanza was asking a question about what are some advantages to Drop tuning a 7 string guitar.

He was hassled and abused by like likes of younger cretons with fit jeans. How silly of a man to use such poor grammar my dear watson.

Guess what I dont talk like you im not from the UK and I dont care if you dont like how I type.
Quote by Woffelz
Can someone actually explain what Djent is to me?

Its when you play your guitar and it goes "Drunnn djent djent djent diddilywoodilydoodlydrunnn djent djent djent diddilywoodilydoodlydrunnn djent djent djent diddilywoodilydoodlydrunnn djent djent djent SAD BUT TRUUUUEEEEEE! Drunnn djent djent djent diddilywoodilydoodlydrunnn djent djent djent etc."
Last edited by -Mantra- at Dec 1, 2011,
Quote by Pat_s1t
Oh yeah, I totally forgot theres a big sticky at the top of The Pit called The Rules.

Why am I still walking? I don't know, maybe because I'm not incessantly rude to people that aren't rude to me. If you behave in real life situations the same way you do on the internet, don't be surprised if you get taken out by someone not too happy with the statements you're making.

One good thing did come of reading this post though. I just remembered I can put you on an ignore list. Problem solved.Yeah, we noticed. I hear the southern US is a pretty terrible place. Didn't St. Loius end up on the top 10 most dangerous US cities?

Also, I'm from Canada.

Are you sure you are not a woman with your nose in the air?

And Yes I think St. Louis did, not sure. Thats whats so funny about all of this to me. Is you have no concept of real life only internet forums.
Quote by maddnotez
Oh fine....

Dearest Art Though,

I would quite certainly, In fact highly agree with oneself that the true Obnoxiousism was from a much earlier thread.

A thread of which a 31 yr old who apparently looks like George Castanza was asking a question about what are some advantages to Drop tuning a 7 string guitar.

He was hassled and abused by like likes of younger cretons with fit jeans. How silly of a man to use such poor grammar my dear watson.

Guess what I dont talk like you im not from the UK and I dont care if you dont like how I type.

Quote by laid-to-waste
djent seems like it's gonna be boring after killing out a band/album/song, but then it just surprises you with more awesomeness.

THIS
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Page 1 of 3