I recently noticed that the strings on my acoustic have become a bit worn down and I think I need a new set. The problem is that I havent restrung an acoustic guitar yet so Im not really sure what strings to get or what size? I have heard good things about Elixr string but I dont have a clue about what size to go for, I quite like fairly big strings on my electric, 11's, if thats any help
Thanks for any replies
I use Martin 0.13s, very nice strings and not all that hard to get a li'l bend out of
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Does it matter what guitar I use or is it just a general rule for all acoustics? I really know nothing about acoustic strings
If you like big strings get big strings. There isn't really a general rule. Each gauge gives a different sound and feel. Try a few and pick your favourite.
I use Ernie Ball Earthwoods med-light. light enough to not kill your fingers(I play electric 99% of the time), but still have a nice tone
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate