This applies mostly to movie adverts but, if there's a situation where it has applied to something else (Lynx/Axe adverts amirite?) like games, books, cosmetics, whatever is officially advertised.

I can't really remember many recent examples (although some of the advertisement for ParAct3 was misleading), although one which I remember quite well was the advert for 'Snow dogs,' and in a similar case, 'Kangaroo Jack':
The adverts basically showed one whole non-sequitur scene in the movie.

Anyone else get abit annoyed by this? It kind of makes it hard to watch some movies. I've had a negative disposition toward a movie that was, in the end, pretty enjoyable. All because the damned advert was misleading and didn't show much about what the movie was about.

Tl:dr; Do you find it annoying when adverts mislead you (mostly applies to movies)?
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by StewieSwan
Oh so you mean every advertisement ever?

Ye, I figured I'd get this but, it can happen to genuinely decent movies.

Adverts can sometimes misrepresent a movie so much that it can end up being aimed at the entirely wrong audience, therefore it can lose potential money. So what would be the point on screwing with the advertisement if it can cause something to lose more money than a whoke-hearted advertisement?
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat