Hello,

In the next few days I'll be ordering my new guitar - a Fender Pawn Shop Mustang. s the guitar is fairly expensive, I've been interested in getting a nice hard case for it. However, because of it's odd shape, I'm not sure what kind of case would fit it. I've seen the briefcase shape ones, but they seem much to bulky for my liking. I'd rather have a case in the style of the ones Gibson make for their Les Pauls.

Here's a picture for reference:

http://www.keymusic.com/gfx_productcode/XL/122245/Fender-Pawn-Shop-Mustang-Special-Candy-Apple-Red.jpg

and information can be found here:

http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/pawnshop/models.php?prodNo=0266400

So I'd like a hardcase for under £80 or so in the UK that isn't a briefcase style one.

I'm aware the guitar comes with a gig bag, but I'd feel much happier with it in a hardcase, especially if I'm taking it around with me a lot.
Any universal strat/tele style case.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A "slab"-style case is not much bulkier than a formed case. They're actually easier to fit in a trunk of a car.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by Robbgnarly
Any universal strat/tele style case.

Would the mustang fit? It's a shorter scale length than the Tele/Strat and the other measurements are a bit different.
Quote by BigSmokeDawg
Would the mustang fit? It's a shorter scale length than the Tele/Strat and the other measurements are a bit different.

I dont see why it wouldn't. If your unsure, take your guitar to a local shop and see wat cases it fits in.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate