hey guys, two quick and probably easy to answer questions.. I'm getting a zoom g3 at Xmas as a rather generous gift from the folks..

I was wondering;
(1) can this pedal accept a bass. guitar?? (I know the sound won't be great, but could it play it without causing damage to the effects unit?

(2) When playing generating gain from the pedal, can I switch to the distorted tone on my amp and not cause damage to anything other the. my eardrums??:P

thanks in advance of you answering my noob questions
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
*should* be fine...

+ depends how much gain you're pushing from the pedal
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
The only thing you risk messing up using a bass with guitar gear are the speakers, if you play too loudly. The pedal will not be damaged by using a bass.

Yes, you can use as much distortion as you like from any source without causing the gear any ill effects.
Whoops, I mis-read the OP as 'When generating gain from the pedal, can I switch to the distorted tone on my amp and not cause damage to my ear drums??'
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
thanks, and yeah, forgot to mention that the distortion question applied to a guitar being played, and using amp distortion to layer on top as a boost..but it semis that question has been answered and I thank you for that

I knew about the speaker thing, that's why I asked..
main plan is to use the pedal as an interface to record to my laptop..nothing fancy, just for rough band demos....
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd