Foo Fighters.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Bad: Sleeping With Sirens. Asking Alexandria. Dance Gavin Dance. Skrillex...

Good: Dream Theater. Between The Buried And Me. Coheed and Cambria. Soundgarden. Protest The Hero. The Human Abstract.

IMO btw.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
i have a blog with a whole list of random band names, mostly stuff i make up in threads where people ask for suggestions for their band's name. most of them are laughably bad (which is kind of the idea): terrible puns, generic indie names, obscure references, etc, but there are a few that i think are quite clever. i figure i'll put a link, cause maybe a few of you will get a laugh from a few of them.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/theogonia777/blog/98432/
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Arctic Monkeys is pretty terrible.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Master Musicians of Bukkake.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by theogonia777
i have a blog with a whole list of random band names, mostly stuff i make up in threads where people ask for suggestions for their band's name. most of them are laughably bad (which is kind of the idea): terrible puns, generic indie names, obscure references, etc, but there are a few that i think are quite clever. i figure i'll put a link, cause maybe a few of you will get a laugh from a few of them.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/theogonia777/blog/98432/

"The Ugly Ducklings"
"Brain Damage"

I like those.
you're a stone fox
Definitely Goo Goo Dolls. Before they were popular how did they even get people to come to there shows?
Drewster720571

Quote by thePTOD
Bad: Sleeping With Sirens. Asking Alexandria. Dance Gavin Dance. Skrillex...

Good: Dream Theater. Between The Buried And Me. Coheed and Cambria. Soundgarden. Protest The Hero. The Human Abstract.

IMO btw.

That's a list of bands you hate versus bands you like, smart one.
The The.. Terrible band IMO but awesome name

Quote by blake1221
That's a list of bands you hate versus bands you like, smart one.

Duh. I also think the names of each are good or bad (Or in Asking Alexandria's case, freaking stupid) depending on their spot, smart one.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by MakinLattes
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead

Which usually just get referred to as Trail of Dead.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Not sure if this is the exact name but We Butter The Bread With Butter just sounds ridiculous...
Fear Before the March of Flames and ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead have always been favorites of mine. Despite their length, they're just badass.
there's no need to triple post. wow, Dec 11ers. where has the time gone?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Chelseagrin6969
if i am correct i think greenday is a pot reference.

Sort of, they had some other terrible name first, then they all got high and had a trip about a day in all green or something.
you're a stone fox
Quote by theogonia777
there's no need to triple post. wow, Dec 11ers. where has the time gone?

In that poll the other day on the worst years, I said there should've been a "2012" option. Prepare for the worst!

OT: Aerosmith is kind of weird. Not sure if it makes any sense.

Pink Floyd is also strange, but not entirely random.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Chelseagrin6969
sorry every time i would post i found i had something else to say haha

There's an edit button and a quote button, you click the edit button to add/change your post, you click the quote button to reply to someone. Also, Protip: (Since you're new) People here can be a tad sarcastic at times, don't take it personally or anything.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Saintly Rows.

You know I don't mean it. >.>

But then again, you didn't say if it was bad or good
Quote by blake1221

But then again, you didn't say if it was bad or good

Want the Truth or the Sugar Cookie?
It's silly, but not bad.

Bad to me is stuff like, and I'm being completely honest here, Defeater, La Dispute, and Between The Buried And me.
One of the best I've ever heard is "petrol-powered goonbag holocaust". Anyone from Australia will get it.
Quote by Jacob<3Guitar
Not sure if this is the exact name but We Butter The Bread With Butter just sounds ridiculous...

Its almost like thats the point :O

I think Margot & the Nuclear So and So's = dumb.

I think Plant Vochestra is the greatest of all time.
The Dead Weather
is a pretty cool
name.
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Quote by MakinLattes
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead

Kinda seconded. Great band and all but it's a mouthful and that ellipsis at the start annoys me for some reason.

Really generic names are bad. Stuff like "These Skies Flow Red" or something equally as bad that a lot of local bands seem to come up with.

I've always liked "A Place To Bury Strangers" and "Silversun Pickups" but those are pretty much my two favourite bands so I'm a little bias.

I've always thought "Gorilla Biscuits" was a great name. Don't even listen to them much at all but still.

I like "Sunset Rubdown" too.