I want to buy a new Telecaster but I'm not sure if to get a Classic Vibe Tele or Mexican Standard. I love the look and the sound of both but I'm quite torn between them since I can pick up a Classic Vibe for £300 and a Mexican Standard for £316 (Because of the Fender rebate)

Any help?
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
As for Teles, the Classic Vibes are incredible, probably the only Squier guitar I'd recommend over the Fender counterpart. You probably know, but there's either the CV 60s, which has that late 60s vibe, with the three tone sunburst and the body binding. Or the 50s one that's made out of Pine, like the original prototype, and some of the new 60 Anniversary Teles. What you don't get from the Squier is resale value and the name on the headstock, and there are some aftermarket parts that will require modification to work with the squier.

Though, the price is very good for Fenders right now.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
As for Teles, the Classic Vibes are incredible, probably the only Squier guitar I'd recommend over the Fender counterpart. You probably know, but there's either the CV 60s, which has that late 60s vibe, with the three tone sunburst and the body binding. Or the 50s one that's made out of Pine, like the original prototype, and some of the new 60 Anniversary Teles. What you don't get from the Squier is resale value and the name on the headstock, and there are some aftermarket parts that will require modification to work with the squier.

Though, the price is very good for Fenders right now.

That's the thing that puts me off....it's a Squier haha. But they look and sound so nice. The 3 tone sunburst one looks soooo good. Are the pup's in both the guitar the same quality?
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
honestly, i would go squier. especially since squier introduced the "classic" series, i just dont see the appeal of mexican std fenders. to me, they not only sound worse but also feel worse. there's just something about the squier necks. they feel pretty solid to me...

in the end, its going to be your call. i just think you get much more bang for your money with the squier.
I am not fond of MIM Fenders. Had a couple. Pro set up, my set up, and new pups........ never could make them play right. MIJ teles are sweet and that is what I compare the classic vibes to. Go with the Squire
Quote by Tokai09
That's the thing that puts me off....it's a Squier haha. But they look and sound so nice. The 3 tone sunburst one looks soooo good. Are the pup's in both the guitar the same quality?

Don't worry about the name on the headstock. I LOVED the Classic Vibe Tele I played in the store a few months ago. Totally changed my opinion of Squiers.

FWIW - I liked the ButterScotch Blonde model A LOT more than the Sunburst model. It sounded a lot more organic and it felt a lot more solid. But that could be an instrument-specific thing. YMMV...
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Can't recommend the CV-50 (BSB) enough. It's a great guitar. Not just great for the money, but great period. I will probably keep this one forever. Also, it is made to fender specs and all parts are interchangeable if you should decide to mod. I see no reason to modify anything on the guitar but if you are so inclined it won't be a problem.

Here's a crappy picture of mine

Tokia... go by how the guitar plays, feels, and sounds. The name on the headstock is just that... a name. Nothing more. if you let the name stop you from trying it, you will be missing out on many surprizingly good guitars.

Dollar for dollar, the CV50 is a great guitar.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by armycopter
Can't recommend the CV-50 (BSB) enough. It's a great guitar. Not just great for the money, but great period. I will probably keep this one forever. Also, it is made to fender specs and all parts are interchangeable if you should decide to mod. I see no reason to modify anything on the guitar but if you are so inclined it won't be a problem.
Replace the plastic nut, which is slightly narrower than the MIA Teles, and install a better switch and better pots, and you'll unleash the beast!