Hi,

I started playing guitar about a year ago, and the first song i learned to play was

Kansas - Dust in the wind.

I then realized a bunch of other songs had the same picking-pattern, so it was relatively easy to learn them aswell:

Kansas - Dust in the wind
Pearl Jam - Just breathe
Eddie Vedder - Tuolumne
Eddie Vedder - Guaranteed
Jack's Mannequin - Restless dream

Does anyone have some songs to add with the same pattern?
Why would you want or need such a list? Half the problem with learning guitar is learning to use your ears, having a list like this isn't actually going to help anyone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Why would you want or need such a list? Half the problem with learning guitar is learning to use your ears, having a list like this isn't actually going to help anyone.

Well why i want it is irrelevant, no?

Just so you know, the picking pattern is called "Clawhammer" style - there's hundreds of songs with that picking pattern.

Ah, i didn't know. Thanx! Do you have any examples?
Quote by masjstovel
Well why i want it is irrelevant, no?

No it isn't. If you were given such a list you would not develop your ears to recognise the sound from an outside source and recognising a sound from outside yourself is a step on the way to being able to compose using that sound.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No it isn't. If you were given such a list you would not develop your ears to recognise the sound from an outside source and recognising a sound from outside yourself is a step on the way to being able to compose using that sound.

I appreciate the tip!
I'm trying to differ every new song i learn myself, and also compose a little myself. However I was asking now purely of interest, not for pedagogic reasons

If you look back now, what would you've been practising on when you had played for 1 year, and why?
Quote by masjstovel
I appreciate the tip!
I'm trying to differ every new song i learn myself, and also compose a little myself. However I was asking now purely of interest, not for pedagogic reasons

If you look back now, what would you've been practising on when you had played for 1 year, and why?

Technique, Aural Training, Theory.
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
Quote by masjstovel
so it was relatively easy to learn them aswell

What's that thing Einstein said?

MOCOSO LIKE ME