So I'm in the mood for some sad solos, and I would like to hear recommendations. I've been playing for 1.5 years so nothing TOO challenging, think somewhere along the lines of Comfortably Numb and November Rain as far as skill level goes.

Rock bands are preferred
You play for 1.5 years and you can play Comfortably numb's solo without any problem and sound exactly like Gilmour?
I think I'm going to quit playing.

PS: Wrong forums.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Quote by omidmash
You play for 1.5 years and you can play Comfortably numb's solo without any problem and sound exactly like Gilmour?
I think I'm going to quit playing.

PS: Wrong forums.

Well not note for note and I can't sound exactly like Gilmour, haven't got the feeling yet. So what forum am I supposed to post this then?
EDIT: God my grammar is awful this morning
Last edited by HaistaPaska92 at Dec 2, 2011,
Not really what you'd want to play on an electric guitar, in my opinion, but I love Private Investigations by Dire Straits. Amazing song.
Quote by I K0nijn I
Not really what you'd want to play on an electric guitar, in my opinion, but I love Private Investigations by Dire Straits. Amazing song.

Dire Straits kick ass
Pearl Jam - "Yellow Ledbetter"
Jeff Buckley - "Forget Her" (short but sweet)
Dinosaur Jr. - "Plans" (a little after the 5 minute mark)
Teenage Fanclub - "The Concept"

Rock, but not hard rock.
I am a fake mountain.
Beasty Boys, fight for your right. That's a pretty damn sad solo.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
kiss reason to live!

winger miles away

skid row 18 and life

hair metal ftw
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Not hard at all but
The Little Things Give You Away-Linkin Park

It isn't as "sad" as November Rain (sounded like the gibby is crying). the 15 second solo is more like a story. There's an intro, a conflict and as soon as it hits the 15 fret on the B string, it seems like everything in the world is right and perfect........it intensifies.....goes on..........and dies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Et0L_4vJU
skip to 3:25
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Musician talk has a song suggestion thread. EG is for talking about guitars, so this thread doesn't go here.