When I sweep on my Eclipse I use my neck pickup, and I totally crank the distortion. When I flick to the neck it seems much less distorted and a noticeably quieter than my bridge. I have the EMG 80 and the 61 and I play through a Line 6 Spider 3. Should I raise the pickup a bit? How high is okay? Or should I just go to the guitar store and have them set it up for me? (Free)
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

try raising your neck pick up until they are the same volume.

edit: or lowering your bridge pup.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 2, 2011,
You're using active pickups so you can afford to raise the pickups as high as you need. But really you should lower your bridge pickup if you're doing a lot of sweeping. Sweeping needs clarity so it'll be better to keep the neck pickup a bit further from the strings. To balance out the volume of the two pickusp you should then lower the bridge pickup. If you keep the bridge pickup where it is and raise the neck pickup instead that will also balance out the volume but your faster playing won't sound as clear.
Mmkay, I'll see what happens when I raise the neck pup a bit.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.