I am sure someone will set me straight if this is in the wrong place. Having said that i submitted a TAB for Yesterday by The Beatles and it was not approved. How do i find out why it was not approved. There is nothing wrong with the TAB as i have submitted it elsewhere and got a five star rating for it.
Hey, I dont know for sure why it wasn't accepted , but my guess would be that its because of the song, and how many tabs already exist for that song. I would advise you to tab songs that don't already have a lot of tabs up, or if the tabs for that song are wrong. Yesterday has alot of tabs , that are highly rated, so that is probably why. Cant say 100% sure , but that seems most likely , hope this helped.
Spiraling up through the crack in the sky
Leaving material world behind
I see your face in constellations
The martyr is ending his life for mine.
Thanks guys i understand what you are saying but the TAB i submitted was the melody line not the chords or solos for the song and there is not another one up. Is there some way to find out why it was rejected?
Thank you MyS3IF i am well aware of how many versions there are of Yesterday as i checked them all before i submitted my version of the melody line so as not to submit something that had already been done I felt i was adding something and not just rehashing other versions.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can submit just the melody line as a tab. The tab has to be the guitar parts, the only instance you can add the melody line would be in a guitar pro file that also has the guitar parts and whatnot.
Thank you intothe this is the sort of answer i was looking for. Although it is just the melody line i thought it may be of use to people to use with the tabs and chord charts that are already available. Not every one likes to sing and it is a guitar part to play along with a backing track or another guitar playing chords.
Hello,

I submit chords, 2 days ago.
where i can see a status of my submission ?

thx
Quote by flanni78
Hello,

I submit chords, 2 days ago.
where i can see a status of my submission ?

thx

Go to your profile page - there is a link there where you can see your contributions which tells you the status of them all
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
hmm i found it....it denied ? Without a reason ?
Why is that?
I would like to know why, because the Song is not in Database. !

thx
There are several reasons - here are the FAQ from relating to what tabs should be denied:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/tab_guide.htm#074

Usually you won't receive an explanation and resubmitting is against the rules.

Hope you have better luck with your next attempt.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
There aren't really any options. If you haven't been contacted about the denial, that's the end of the story. You aren't allowed to resubmit and there is no way to appeal against the decision.

If there aren't already tabs for whatever you submitted, the chances are it broke one of the other rules relating to tab approval. Exactly what was it you submitted?
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
(Spanish Ladies) is probably one of the oldest and best known Royal Navy shanties.
It has been documented in use as a homeward bound, up (English) Channel
working shanty for more than 200 years (Ref: Hugill, "Shanties from the
Seven Seas"; Captain Frank Shaw, "Splendour of the Seas"; Captain W.B. Whall, "Sea Songs and Shanties" etc.). Hugill even wrote in 1961:
"A version altered to suit a Bluenose ship approaching its homeport was to be heard among Nova Scotia seamen 50 years ago".

Demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsWkdDKQ9G8
-------------------------------------------------------------------

[ch]EM[/ch] [ch]G[/ch] [ch]D[/ch]
Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish Ladies,
[ch]EM[/ch] [ch]G[/ch] [ch]EM[/ch]
Farewell and adieu to you, ladies of Spain;
[ch]G[/ch] [ch]D[/ch] [ch]EM[/ch] [ch]G[/ch]
For we've received orders for to sail for ol' England,
[ch]EM[/ch] [ch]G[/ch] [ch]D[/ch] [ch]EM[/ch]
But we hope in a short while to see you again.

Chorus
[ch]EM[/ch] [ch]G[/ch] [ch]D[/ch]
We'll rant and we'll roar like true British sailors,
[ch]EM[/ch] [ch]G[/ch] [ch]EM[/ch]
We'll rant and we'll roar all on the salt sea.
[ch]G[/ch] [ch]D[/ch] [ch]EM[/ch] [ch]G[/ch]
Until we strike soundings in the channel of old England;
[ch]EM[/ch] [ch]G[/ch] [ch]D[/ch] [ch]EM[/ch]
From Ushant to Scilly is thirty five leagues.

We hove our ship to with the wind from sou'west, boys
We hove our ship to, deep soundings to take;
'Twas forty-five fathoms, with a white sandy bottom,
So we squared our main yard and up channel did make.

The first land we sighted was called the Dodman,
Next Rame Head off Plymouth, off Portsmouth the Wight;
We sailed by Beachy, by Fairlight and Dover,
And then we bore up for the South Foreland light.

Repeat Chorus

Then the signal was made for the grand fleet to anchor,
And all in the Downs that night for to lie;
Let go your shank painter, let go your cat stopper!
Haul up your clewgarnets, let tacks and sheets fly!

Now let ev'ry man drink off his full bumper,
And let ev'ry man drink off his full glass;
We'll drink and be jolly and drown melancholy,
And here's to the health of each true-hearted lass.

Repeat Chorus
Seems OK to me, I'm out of ideas.

Better luck next time.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I've also written two very complete tabs for two songs which only have 3 or so tab submissions. The only reason I wrote the tabs is because I became very frustrated with some of the inaccuracies in other tabs that really sounded wrong.

Both my tabs were denied... It's very frustrating since I only wrote the tabs to help the community, and they get rejected. I already know how to play the song so making that wasn't to benefit me..