Hey all,

Recently I've been on the search for a new amplifier to use for live performances. Currently I have a 120 watt Crate GFX. It's a great amp for practice and stuff and I bought it because it was a steal at 100 bucks a couple years back. Lately however I have been running my guitar through Amplitube 3 and I've fallen in love with the AC30 amplifier with a tube screamer in front of it. Now here is the dilemma I'm facing. I really only have 500 dollars to spend which has seemingly put some of the used Laney's VC30's out of my range for now. So I'm trying to find another amplifier to suit my needs. The three styles I have been looking at are the Crate Palomino's and their older Vintage Club series, also I've heard good things about the Peavey Classic 30's, but they only come in a 112 style if I'm correct. If possible I'm really looking for a 212. Can anyone offer some insight or perhaps another amp that might suit my needs? I'm not exactly looking for the "Vox Tone", just something in that vein.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
What is it that makes you prefer a 212 over a 112 or anything else?

I would suggest an AC15 personally, but they're only 1x12, unless you can step your budget up to afford an AC15 twin.
For some reason I just prefer the "push" I get with two speakers. Not sure if that terminology is correct. The BC30 is a clone of a clone, and I just can't trust Bugera's reliability for live performances. Also I don't know if the AC15 comes in an affordable 212 varient, or if it would allow me some headroom in the clean department, or for that matter play over my drummer.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Well personally if I had the money to spend on that, I'd probably just get a used Laney VC30 212. For now, I need to get a bit of clean headroom though.
Quote by barden1069