I am pretty new to this forum. A few days to be exact, and its perfect timing because wednesday night was NGD. Say hello to my new Vox SDC 33 Goldtop.

The contours of the body not only help add to the beauty of this guitar, but also make it extremely comfortable to play. The fit and finish on this guitar are also flawless.

The Vox super smooth tuners and TUSQ nut make tuning stability on this excellent. I played for 3 hours last night and the only time I had to tune was when I took it out of the case to start jamming.

The neck is very comfortable and fast. The Deeply cut inverse heel joint makes it so smooth and easy to hit the last few frets.

Last edited by guitarguychris1 at Dec 2, 2011,
Its quiet thin. Even at its bulkiest point in the center it is thinner than a strat.

There is a lot to get excited about when it comes to this guitar. The look, the tone, the playability, its versatility. The CoAxe pickups are wonderful. Very clear and defined sound without ever being to trebly or shrill. If I had to compare the sound to anything, I would say imagine an SG and a Tele had a lovechild, this would be it. There are many guitars that can split coils, so you can go from humbucker to single coil, but there are advantages to the way the CoAxe pickups do it. Besides tone, the main advantage is being tapped it is still noise cancelling.

Using the bridge pickup in single coil mode you get a strong Telecaster vibe. It has a great twang that is perfect for country or blues. The neck pickup has a nice warm, clean sound to it, entering more into the Gibson territory. In humbucker mode you can get a great growl out of the pickups while still staying defined. Even with heavy distortion you hear subtle parts of your playing that you might not have noticed before.

There are so many positives about this guitar, I only have one complaint. The strap button being on the back of the guitar creates the typical SG balance problem. When you are playing with a strap and let go of the neck it wants to nose dive on you. I have always tried to avoid guitars with the strap button on the back of the guitar because the way it twists your strap has always bugged the crap out of me, and because of possible balance issues.

That being said, I am one of those musicians that is constantly buying, selling, trading gear, trying to find the perfect sound for me. If I buy a piece of gear and it doesn’t fit with my rig I wont hesitate to sell it right away to try something new. But after having this guitar for just a day in a half it has already captured my heart. I think this one will take its place along side my Godin Icon in the guitar I will never get rid of category.
Last edited by guitarguychris1 at Dec 2, 2011,
Not sure if I love it or hate it, but it looks amazing! Gratz!
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
That Thing Is awesome I've been debating on getting one.
THE GEAR The Gear
Ibanez RGA121
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Schecter V7 Black Jack
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez S470
Line 6 Spider Valve 2x12
Quote by Briyan_15
That Thing Is awesome I've been debating on getting one.

Go for it, you will not regret it. I am going to try to make a video review tonight. if I do I will post it on here later.
SG type guitars have neck dive.

it's kinda like water being wet, there isn't much you can do about it.

(except yamaha SGs, they defy all logic)

HNGD! looks awesome!
Quote by gregs1020
SG type guitars have neck dive.

it's kinda like water being wet, there isn't much you can do about it.

(except yamaha SGs, they defy all logic)

HNGD! looks awesome!

From what I've seen Yamaha SGs are pretty much Les Pauls with an additional cutaway (thicker bodies and maple caps, which add weight to the body side), that maybe that's why (although I doubt that you didn't know).

TS: HNGD!
That's on my wall on my Guitarist magazine calendar. Looks awesome, my kind of guitar.

HNGD! Enjoy!
Quote by cbara
That's a beaut! How much did it set you back?

They normally sell for $700. I bought it for $400 and it was played at most 3 times before I bought it. From the looks of the guys house that I bought it from, he had ALOT of money. He said he had 22 guitars and his wife was yelling at him to get rid off a few. So thats how I snatched that up so cheap. I sold a fender deluxe lonestar strat to buy this thing and let me tell you it was worth it. Tone and quality is way better on the vox.
Just get a decent, wide ,leather strap with the rough underside, and you shouldn't have anymore neck dive issues.

Nice guitar. I love Goldtops...Enjoy.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Your review reads more like an advertisement than a legitimate review of a guitar from a player. What are they paying you?
Quote by MonkeysHamlet
Your review reads more like an advertisement than a legitimate review of a guitar from a player. What are they paying you?

HAHA I wish I could get paid to play a guitar and tell people about it.
Nice score, that guitar is sexy as hell!
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.