Page 1 of 2
so what does everyone think of googles newest update to youtube?

i think it blows. google copying facebook in everything it does. There is no point in having a bulletin.
You cant find favourited videos anymore.
Content is hidden, to look "better", now lacking functionality.

Im usually one who enjoys change and updates, but this one is 10 steps backwards.

/rant

your thoughts?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I went on youtube last night and the new version was fresh up (first I'd seen it and the old version was up earlier in the day). Don't like it one bit.
I am not a fan. Things are harder to find.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I like it. Mine updated about four days ago, then went back to the old version and is now on the new one.

/hipster
I don't get it at all. I liked the way the subscriptions were before. I don't check it every day, so now if someone uploads 3 or 4 videos and someone else uploads 3 or 4 videos within the time I'm not there, I have to scroll through this linear ****ing news feed to find them. They aren't even organised in any logical way.

EDIT: And that feedback option is shit too. The only thing you can do is submit a bug report. I just selected the whole screen and said it was crap, change it back. Don't even think they read them.
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Dec 2, 2011,
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I don't get it at all. I liked the way the subscriptions were before. I don't check it every day, so now if someone uploads 3 or 4 videos and someone else uploads 3 or 4 videos within the time I'm not there, I have to scroll through this linear ****ing news feed to find them. They aren't even organised in any logical way.

EDIT: And that feedback option is shit too. The only thing you can do is submit a bug report. I just selected the whole screen and said it was crap, change it back. Don't even think they read them.

i did the same slightly, i told them the update is catering to looks rather than functionality and a pain in the ass.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
It looks nice but I don't like the verticalness theme; it works for twitter, but not videos. It's too easy to miss new uploads.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Well, the video search is where I remember it and the search results are the same, so I don't mind it.
I like it. I hated the previous one tbh
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
It's terrible. Everything is a pain in the ass to navigate, just make it simple and clean for pete's sake.
youtube got amazingly frustrating as soon as you had to link your stupid ****ing google account to it
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
At least they fixed it so replies to your comments show up on the homepage again. I still don't like how you can't X videos in your sub box that you don't want to watch.
Check out my band Disturbed
This happens every update, everyone bitches about it, then goes back to using it all the time. Same with Facebook.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
It's YouTube, it's always been shit. I quite like the cleaner look though. Don't know about functionality.

Mind you they seem to have fixed the problem where I'd watch a 1080p video and it would hiccough every few seconds.
Quote by Acϵ♠
youtube got amazingly frustrating as soon as you had to link your stupid ****ing google account to it

This.

I hated the old one but this is even worse.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I was gonna say "Oh, it's this thread again", but then I looked at it and was deeply confused by what I was looking at.
It's not terrible...

Other than me not being able to fukken remove the videos I've already watched off my subscription box

I also thought linking to your nonexistent Google account to be able to access Youtube was stupid.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
This happens every update, everyone bitches about it, then goes back to using it all the time. Same with Facebook.
I still truly dislike the current Facebook layout.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Dec 2, 2011,
I just don't understand how their designers are this bad at their jobs... why....whyyyy....

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I just don't understand how their designers are this bad at their jobs... why....whyyyy....

Because they know everyone will keep using youtube regardless. Where else are we gonna go? Dailymotion?
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I still truly dislike the current Facebook layout.

Are you still using it though?
You'll get used to it in a few months and won't even remember the old one. Just like Facebook.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by StewieSwan
Because they know everyone will keep using youtube regardless. Where else are we gonna go? Dailymotion?

dat gud joke

Quote by Trowzaa
You'll get used to it in a few months and won't even remember the old one. Just like Facebook.

No...I definitely remember the old one. I would go back to it in a heartbeat. The new one is useless.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Don_Humpador
Are you still using it though?
I don't has choice broski.

I'm a social outcast that has little method of transport and therefore have the hardest time seeing friends in person. Why do you think I visit the Pit?
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Quote by StewieSwan

People use Dailymotion? That's almost as bad as Metacafe
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Mines is still showing the old layout, even after clearing my cache.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Trowzaa

This normally...

Quote by Xiaoxi
No...I definitely remember the old one. I would go back to it in a heartbeat. The new one is useless.

But this. I like being able to see all my subscriptions, not a scrollbar.
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
People are just bitching because it's change. Judge it in a months time or so when you've had plenty of time to compare it to the old one. It's the same as Facebook. As soon as it changes people are getting all butthurt cuz they don't know where everything is, but then that dies off after a week or so cuz they've gotten used to it and can't even remember what the old one looked like.
Quote by Xiaoxi

Actually yeah, bad example. Every time Facebook changed before it turned into Stalkbook then?
Everyone complained about the white boxes from the profiles disappearing, I bet half of them don't even remember them now.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I like the old old one. These new ones are so unnecessary.

Then again, I say that every time a program or interface I use changes. Just when I figure out the original layout, BAM. "Haha, **** you Nemo. This is what Alzheimer's feels like."
Last edited by FryingNemo at Dec 2, 2011,
Every time they change it, I get used to it, AND THEY CHANGE IT AGAIN RIGHT AS I GET USED TO IT. WHAT THE ****.

And this one, I will never get used to, BECAUSE IT IS RIDICULOUSLY BAD. THE NEW CHANNELS ARE UGLY.
I don't even know what's going on with the homepage, but i'm still on the old layout on my "channel" or whatever so, it's not bothering me too much.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Page 1 of 2