Yay
69 40%
Nay
53 31%
I love your tits.
49 29%
Voters: 171.
Page 1 of 2
Do you agree? I do. Generally, anyway. Decided to put some old Jimmy Eat World on (Bleed American) and it's just so good compared to their newer stuff. I like their newer stuff, but not as much as BA. Most bands I like, the older stuff is nearly always better.
no justin beiber has been maturing so much, his new songs have way more depth and meaning
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
The Beatles?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I like Machine Head's newer stuff better, otherwise yeah
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Quote by priest.fan.
theres no way those are actually your tits, but I chose the third option anyways

They are my own. I grew them myself.
Mixed feelings.

Arguments for agreeing:
Most bands have been playing & writing songs for several years before they are signed to a deal, therefore they have a larger library of material to choose from when creating their early albums. The best songs are chosen, therefore their early albums are good.
Then once they have a deal and have already released an album or two, the record company tells them they have 6 months to release their next album. The band suddenly find themselves in a rush to create new songs and end up throwing together whatever they can in order to meet the deadline, probably including some of the songs they decided weren't good enough for the first albums. Because of this, later albums aren't as good.

Arguments for disagreeing:
The longer a band is in existence, the more it matures. The more it matures, the better it becomes. The early songs were created by people working part time as a hobby, the later songs are being written by professionals who have become a solid unit and know how to get the best out of each other. As a result, the later songs are more focused and the albums they create improve in quality.

Both arguments include a lot of generalisation, but I expect you can all identify artists which fall into both descriptions….
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Jimmy Eat World isnt a really good example...their 90s albums werent really all that great (Clarity had a few good tracks though), and i thought their best album was far and away Futures. Bleed American was good though, one of the soundtracks to high school for me.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Definitely... Bon Jovi, Guns n roses, metallica, motley crue, def leppard, steelheart and so on. All their earlier stuff was at least 1 million times better than their newer stuff.

But that doesn't necessarily mean their new stuff is bad
Quote by Acϵ♠
Jimmy Eat World isnt a really good example...their 90s albums werent really all that great (Clarity had a few good tracks though), and i thought their best album was far and away Futures. Bleed American was good though, one of the soundtracks to high school for me.

Futures and Bleed American are definitely my favourites by far. It was just what I was listening to that sparked the thought, that's all.
Well, in Metallica's case, they just went downhill after ...And Justice For All (my opinion of course). I actually liked Load and ReLoad but those albums just pale in comparison to their first 3 albums. I always find myself listening to Ride The Lightning more then any of their other albums. I'm also a huge fan of Corrosion Of Conformity, but I don't really care for their earlier hardcore stuff. I became a fan once I heard the Blind album. Then when Pepper took over on vocals, I think they just got better. I dig the whole stoner/southern rock sound they've got going. So I'd rather listen to their later material. Some bands just take a while to find their niche, while others find it right away, then seem to suddenly lose it. Again, this is all my opinion. And probably shitty ones lol
Quote by Roxxie Roxx
Definitely... Bon Jovi, Guns n roses, metallica, motley crue, def leppard, steelheart and so on. All their earlier stuff was at least 1 million times better than their newer stuff.

But that doesn't necessarily mean their new stuff is bad

Yeah but they all suck
I wouldn't say "nearly always", but about half of the time, yeah.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I'm going with "depends" as well. Radiohead's middle stuff was their best, IMO; Pablo Honey was alright, but not great by any means. I like Black Holes and Revelations and Absolution by Muse more than I like Showbiz or Origin of Symmetry. Some bands just take time to find their own voice. When you're talking about garbage like pop punk, of course the early stuff was better; you weren't as sick of it then.
Hi, I'm Peter
On a different note, this made me go back and listen to Clarity. Goodbye Sky Harbor was such an awesome song
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bands that prove that statement wrong:
Porcupine Tree
Opeth (not that their early stuff is bad, it's just all good :p)
Foo Fighters
Radiohead
Tool
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child

Foo Fighters

Nah
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Most of the bands I listen to get better and better IMO
Check out my band Disturbed
I prefer Trivium's newer stuff, I know a lot of people don't agree though.
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
Not really
Radiohead
Pete Doherty
Tom Waits
Håkan Hellström
The Clash

all prove that statement false.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Depends on the band. I prefer new Machine Head to old Machine Head, and the same with Behemoth. I have no preference with Megadeth, Nevermore, Children of Bodom, or BLS. Old Slayer is WAY better than new Slayer though.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Håkan Hellström

What is this guy like? My name is Håkon, so anyone else with my name always interests me
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
Quote by Hakoon1
What is this guy like? My name is Håkon, so anyone else with my name always interests me

swedish pop artist who's spectacular. If that's your name you must be norwegian? And then you will understand his lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HonAdLIAPU
A lot my favourite bands that released over 4 albums follow that pattern. Ones that spring to mind are Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer.

Oh and the guy that thinks Foo Fighters newer stuff is better, no, just no.
Meh...
proof: Red Hot Chili Peppers.

/probably unpopular opinion

Anyway, the title says NEARLY always, Radiohead were always good, so were Tool and many other bands mentioned above. Same goes for NIN, sometimes they start off awesome and stay that way.
ehh....it changes...i mean do you want them to put the same album out year after year....sometimes it changes all the things you liked from that album....ehh...also the whole you have your whole life to write your first album but only a year max for your second is true.....unless you are a smart band and put out albums like ever three or even more years....
I haz gotten gud
Quote by Basti95
proof: Red Hot Chili Peppers.

/probably unpopular opinion

Anyway, the title says NEARLY always, Radiohead were always good, so were Tool and many other bands mentioned above. Same goes for NIN, sometimes they start off awesome and stay that way.

I find Radiohead's earliest albums to suck. But I'm rather alone on that view I think. I rarely ever listen to these two albums and regard them in the sense that they officially have good material from 97 and onwards. On the other hand I don't enjoy King Of Limbs extremely much. It's a good album but not amazing.
With a lot of bands that's true, but many of them don't start getting good until their later albums.
It depends on a few things.

The first couple albums put together are sometimes ideas that any of the members of the band could have been working on for years on their own. Or even together as a band if they formed long before their first real release. That material has had time to simmer and be worked on without any real time restrictions and pressure. When that happens usually the followup albums are material they've had to come up with recently and haven't had much time to think about if it's worth using.

Some bands start off as shitty musicians and get better at playing their instruments and composing ideas as time goes on.

Some get worse due to the lifestyle and traveling taking its toll on their mental and physical health.

I think most of it has to do with inspiration. Which can come at any time in their career.

Some bands start off one way and change when they realize another style suits them better and inspire them more. Or if some manipulative higher up convinces them to.

Sometimes it's a biased opinion of the fans. Even if a band puts out an album later on that is much better than a previous one. It will have a very strong bias against it due to the reputation and nostalgia of the older one.

The worst is when the band gives into the fan bias and tries to recreate that "old" sound or style despite having previously moved in a different direction. They have to want to sound that way again on their own for it to seem like a genuine effort.

But in the end, I just love those tits.
Last edited by BlackVoid at Dec 2, 2011,
The only instances where I disagree are Diablo Swing Orchestra, Neutral Milk Hotel and Swans. Otherwise OP is right.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Bands that support your argument:
Metallica
Megadeth
Muse
Iron Maiden (even though I really liked their albums since the reunion, still think the albums up to and including 7th Son were better)

Bands that have got better:
Porcupine Tree
Altar Bridge (only 3 albums in but still)
Machine Head
Mastodon

Gray area:
Dream Theater (I personally prefer their middle section (Scenes From A Memory, 6 Degrees) but their last album was brilliant, as was their 2nd and 3rd albums
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Originally Posted by lushacrous
Nah
I'm not saying their new stuff is better but In Your Honour is the middle of their catalogue atm, and imo, is better than any of the albums before.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Yep. Biffy Clyro prove this.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I think it depends on when you got into a band.

I like Mastodon but started listening within the last year so I like Crack the Skye, and The Hunter more then their first one or two albums. If someone got into them from the beginning they may not like the change. Though personally, I like all of Mastodon's albums.

Same with Muse. I have liked them since Origin and Absolution, so I don't care for the newer stuff as much.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 2