The Ibanez is an Indonesian model. The Charvel is a Chinese model. Both are lower end guitars. I've played on several lower end Ibanez guitars and honestly they just don't impress me that much. It take a fair bit of work on the lower end Ibanez models to make them good playable guitars. The Desolation series from Charvel is getting a lot of love though from what I've seen. I still haven't been able to play one in person but the feature set alone kill a similar Ibanez for the price.
Wow an Ibanez RG with an ash body?!

Anyway, Ibanez RGs are great things.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
try to get up to the japanes-made ibanezes and charvels. they might not be that much more...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You're comparing a LP-type guitar to a super Strat. They will sound and feel entirely different. There's no way to fairly compare the two. You need to just try them for yourself. You might as well be asking us to tell you whether you prefer orange juice or coffee.
As much as I adore the So-cal and San Dimas, I really have found myself feeling disappointed with the Desolation.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER