Since I'm studying programming in the university, I though I should practice it more on myself so I though about making some simple games. Now, since I don't want to "make everything" and simply program it, I was looking for some pre-set game makers, which have textures to start with and whatnot.

Now, I'm not exactly sure if this will work out or not, but I was wondering if it's worth the time?

I'm currently downloading the "Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker", hopefully it's worth the time, but I don't just want to make something, the main goal is to learn about programming more in the field that I'm personally interested in. Perhaps any of you would know some other programs for this?
i wouldnt download that, never even heard of it

it depends what type of game you want to make as well
if you want to program something like a 2D game C# would be fine, but you would have to write code from scratch.

a lot of people use GameMaker (its free) and they have done a lot with it and its fairly easy to use
Not sure how much this will help you, but i'v heard that the GBA dev-kit can be found online, and there is a version of the Unreal Engine that is free for non-commercial use.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I've used Platinum Arts Sandbox blah blah, it's pretty shit if I remember correctly. UDK is the way to go.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
I've used Platinum Arts Sandbox blah blah, it's pretty shit if I remember correctly. UDK is the way to go.

What's UDK?