Hi,

So, I have this garage I turned into a good rehearsing studio, but now I want to take it up a step and be able to record my Doom demos in here. I want it to be analog since I have already tried the Line6 UX2 and it sucked donkey, so I need something a bit more pro.

Please help me find a analog recording device, keeping in mind I already have several mixers, so it should only have one or two inputs. And it needs to have a digital output, so I can convert the analog archives into mp3 archives to send around my friends via de computer and also to edit them. No fancy stuff, just the recording good quality. Everything else I provide for with my instruments.

Thank you,
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
are you sure the UX2 was set up properly? I have the bottom end Line 6 GX1 and it works sweet with my DAWs. Lotsa people using the UX2 say they work sweet too. I wouldn't write it off till you experiment more with it. What DAW are you using?
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
It HAS been working brilliant, without clipping before, now it is just that it clips like damn. So I don´t want to use it anymore. Furthermore, I have haerd the best recordings there are with it online and they all sound way to digital to me... worst part is that I can´t use it without opening the Pod Farm, which bothers me helluve a lot.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
you're the boss as far as what you like - but I use my GX1 without PodFarm all the time - I just use it as an interface for other amp sims as I was never a real fan of PodFarm.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
The ux2 also features mic inputs, so you could just plug mics in and not bother using podfarm that way
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
you don't even need pod farm to use UX2 I never use pod farm

either way lol at the way too digital...i'm done contributing on that note....where is lockwolf at when you need him?
An analogue recording device with a digital output? I may be wrong, but I don't think such a thing exists.

If you didn't like using the interface/PC combination, are you just saying you're considering switching to a multitracker? If that's the case, I highly recommend you check out the Tascam 2488. I have one and find it does an excellent job, and you can transfer your finished work (or backup the data files) to your PC either with the CD writer or the USB port.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Analog is finicky. It is a lot of maintenance. It's expensive. The tape itself is expensive and hard to come by.

Here are a couple that I found on ebay.... They're both just two-track recorders, but do not have digital outs.

Here is a pro one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STUDER-A80-2-track-piece-vintage-soundhistory-/120723354367?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1bac32ff#ht_21297wt_1224

Here is a pro-sumer one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REVOX-STUDER-A-77-Open-Reel-Reel-Tape-RECORDER-2TRAC-/370564080147?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item5647572213#ht_6370wt_860

Now, that will really kill your opportunity to multi-track. To do that, you'll need something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studer-A80-24-Track-Reel-Reel-/300416509531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f238265b#ht_500wt_949

But to get it into the computer to do editing and stuff, you'll still need an interface that will do that stuff justice, which is going to set you back about another grand.

What is your budget anyways?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by FireHawk
you don't even need pod farm to use UX2 I never use pod farm

either way lol at the way too digital...i'm done contributing on that note....where is lockwolf at when you need him?

Lockwolf here. Playing studio engineer for my band right now and I've been drinking so witty smartass comments will be kept to a minimum

Uhh...****...I cant think of what to say other than you should be buying me Analog gear getting the **** out!
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp