Yes, I did read the stickies, the songs mentioned are not really what I am looking for though. :/

So, can you guys suggest me some sweep picking songs?

Genre: Melodic death metal
Tuning: In a Standard, not in drop tuning or any other type of tuning.

Thanks,
How about going through your music collection and finding songs that have arpeggio sections that you want to learn using sweeping?

We can't know your specific taste; the sticky is a general list of songs that use a certain technique or techniques extensively. If they aren't to your liking musically, why not just look for what kind of stuff you like to listen to that uses sweeping extensively?
1. Look at any acoustic chord Progression.
2. Make those chords into arpeggios higher on the fretboard
3. Sweep pick them.
4. ?????
5. Profit!
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
Quote by cccp2006
1. Look at any acoustic chord Progression.
2. Make those chords into arpeggios higher on the fretboard
3. Sweep pick them.
4. ?????
5. Profit!

If you want a good example of this, take a look at these two songs. The first one is chords, the second song is a modified sweep picking version of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FlcSYQ1qFo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GP_-kXfjfM
The Glass Prison is a good one.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Bleeding Mascara by Atreyu. It's in like drop C or some bullshit but it can be easily transcribed and played in standard. It's what i did.
I second Bleeding Mascara.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

whoa Newplayer, Did alexi just rip off that song or is it a different band of his? I've never hear it it is beautiful!
I believe the song is "aftermath" by "Strapping young Lad" . If this Is the song I am thinking of, Devin harmonizes his vocals AS he plays the sweeps. It's a little ridiculous... in a good way. Everything that crazy bastard does is good though. OK, not everything. Not even most. But it does all take serious skill. And "IT GIVES ME BLISTA'S ON ME FINGA'S"
Necrophagist solos have at least few sweeps in pretty much every solo, my favorite being:

Fermented Offal Discharge
Advanced Corpse Tumor
Ignominious and Pale
Diminished To B
Stabwound
Symbiotic in Theory

maybe some neo-classicalish purely instrumental songs would work for you?

maybe try

Jason Becker - Altitudes
Jeff Loomis - Miles of Machines

You can always look into Human Abstract (neo-classicalish metalcore/prog) and sweep till cows come home
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
The Human Abstract - Vela, Together We Await The Storm.

A bit more metalcore, and it is in drop C, but the sweeping sections are mostly 3 string sweeps so they're good warm-up exercises. Move them down 2 semitones (or pitch-shift the song up a whole step) and you're gravy.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Though probably not right up your alley, Megadeth has some pretty good sweeping solos. I've enjoyed learning the first solo from Holy Wars.

Also Dethklok warrants a mention I think.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by ReynboLightning
whoa Newplayer, Did alexi just rip off that song or is it a different band of his? I've never hear it it is beautiful!

That was his first band IneartheD (before Children of Bodom). They ended up having to change their band name to Children of Bodom because of some record contract mess or something like that.

It's cool to see how the song evolved into Towards Dead End.
If your a little more advanced try miles of machines by Jeff Loomis, really alot of his stuff has atleast a few sweeps.
Construct a Chord or Triad. Then apply said notes to fretboard and BOOM! Arppeggio Heaven. Make them all to your taste and experiment. You get a better ear, music theory training, and techinque training.
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Depends on your skill, if you're great at sweeping, "Wave of Babies" by Animals as Leaders has some sick sweeping licks in the first solo.
you're a stone fox
A very basic sweep is in the intro the Coheed and Cambria's "Welcome Home". After that, maybe just start looking at using different scales to work up to making your own metal sweeps?

Song wise, i'd third the bleeding mascara for sweep picking. Also check out the intro to "Vela, Together We Await The Storm" by The Human Abstract.