Yeah, I'm trying to find a way to make/buy on the cheap a 1/4 to 1/8 or usb cable adapter, to hook my guitar up to my pc.

I'd like to put emphasis on "cheap," because I don't have any money right now.

So if someone knows how/a place to get info on how to build one with stuff from around the house, that would be awesome.
You can make a 1/4 to 1/8 easily, its pretty self explanatory one you strip the coating off the wires. But the audio quality is not going to be as good as getting at least a Light Snake which is a USB to 1/4 cable. For a while I actually use a 1/4 to 1/8th cable I made and I had it plugged into the mic port of a USB adapter for headphones I had. Keep an eye on craigslist. I traded off a cheap crappy fender amp for a M-Audio fast track with protools and it works great.
Radio Shack. I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish hooking your guitar up to your pc. You need an interface to record or use an amp sim. program.
Quote by Y3rd4dd1
Radio Shack. I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish hooking your guitar up to your pc. You need an interface to record or use an amp sim. program.

He does not need a interface though it would be better to use one.
You could do it with a $5 microcontroller but you're better off just buying something pre-made than writing all the code yourself.
So you're all saying I'd be better off just getting one of those 1/4 Guitar/Headphone to USB things I've been seeing on Amazon?