Yeah it just frightens me to buy a Squier guitar because of the horrible things i hear. Would it be a good buy though?
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
Squiers are not bad guitars at all. Ive actually been really wanting a J5 for a while now. Hes become one of my top 5 favorite guitarist. Thank god he left marilyn manson. Manson isnt bad but most of the people with manson never get to really show what they can really do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FPGFbJMKW4&feature=related
Quote by Darkdevil725
Manson isnt bad but most of the people with manson never get to really show what they can really do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FPGFbJMKW4&feature=related

That is the exact thought that went through my head after seeing his vids. I can't watch btw, I'm on Dial up. So is it just the Affinity Series I should keep away from?
Even the affinity series can be good. Ive been messing around with affinity lately and im actually working on trading my bass off for one cause over all they are still solid guitars that can be made into pretty nice players with a little work.
What little work would I need to do for the John 5 Tele? Different pickups ofc.
Different pups is probably the only work you would need to do but even the stock pickups are not bad. If you intend on getting it and keeping it I would suggest locking tuners, new pups, and graphtech saddles for the bridge but none of these upgrades are actually needed.

What you do need though is strap locks. They are a must have for nearly every guitar out there. I never stand with my guitars cause I know the strap will slip without straplocks.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Dec 2, 2011,
No what I need is something other than fvcking GH straps =/
It's basically just a Fender Blacktop Telecaster but $100 less because it's made in Indonesia or China or whatever and will probably have cheap minipots. If it were me I would save up an extra $100 and get the Fender to be sure I had something solid, but if you're desperate to buy something ASAP then the Squier can't be that bad. Squier have been getting better and better over the last couple of years if all the reviews are to be believed.
the John 5 Tele is a pretty awesome guitar. I played it for quite a while in store and almost bought it. There was just something about it that felt right to it.

That being said, I'd replace the pickups and electronics and add straplocks. Other than that it is a fairly solid choice for a guitar
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Thank you both!

grohl: I think it's more or less what they are doing with different series, I'm sure the Affinity series is to still be feared.
I had John 5 Tele. very nice guitar and is more to spec's. then the sig that 3x $$$$ and don't have that crap looking head stock.

Reason I said had John 5 Tele is I did not buy strap locks and yup it fell down 2 flights of stairs.

Now all my guitars have strap locks and is the 1st thing I buy now when I get a guitar.
It's not a bad guitar. I would recommend saving up a little bit more and buying a MIM Telecaster though. You can always swap in a chrome pick-guard.
Quote by leesops
very nice guitar and is more to spec's. then the sig that 3x $$$$ and don't have that crap looking head stock.

That was my thought I saw that his had dual HB and even if i did have the money for the sig i wouldn't buy it that headstock is absolutely atrocious

Quote by CV334
It's not a bad guitar. I would recommend saving up a little bit more and buying a MIM Telecaster though. You can always swap in a chrome pick-guard.

I'm bad at saving. I'm supposed to be buying a bass stack <.< >.> look how that's turned out i have like buyer's ADHD. I'll be lucky to buy this for when I get the money.