I don't think I'm strong enough.

On a more serious note,

There is a pawn shop down the street from my house that has a
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster in almost new condition, they want $500 for it. They sale used for around $600/$700.

Do you think I could quickly sale this after I bought it for a profit?

Then there is a Fender Showmaster (I think)
It has 2 Seymour Duncan pickups, a 2 point trem, MIK, Carve top, and its neck through. It has a chip in the paint on the side though.
I can seem to find the exact model anywhere. They want $100 for it.

Do you think Guitar center would pay $200 for it since I've seen similar ones sale for $400 on ebay?
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Kyleisthename

Then there is a Fender Showmaster (I think)
It has 2 Seymour Duncan pickups, a 2 point trem, MIK, Carve top, and its neck through. It has a chip in the paint on the side though.
I can seem to find the exact model anywhere. They want $100 for it.

For 100 bucks I would keep that.
Well I don't really have the money to just buy it if I don't sell it.

Never mind just found the exact Fender Showmaster for $120 on some website so.......Poop
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Last edited by Kyleisthename at Dec 2, 2011,
Get the Jim Root tele....really solid metal axes...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Get a real tele.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
i used to think like this... but when u try to sell something and you put up an add for it for similar prices as u see online, u will have an influx of emails low balling you and it would be frustrating. I don't know of ur age or where you are or situation but just get a job u will make a lot more money that way.

Sure there will be the odd time where u can find an incredible deal and flip it for a quick buck but it takes too much time, i'd rather buy something at a great deal, keep it and enjoy it for myself.
Quote by Kyleisthename
Well I don't really have the money to just buy it if I don't sell it.

I'd pass on buying any gear to flip then, the economy is bad and selling gear (especially an oddball signature guitar) is hard to do right now. Besides you'd only be making $100ish off the guitar assuming you sold it and you would be stuck with it for a few weeks before it sold anyways. If you sold it on eBay you'd loose 9% to eBay and another 3ish?% to Paypal, and potentially shipping fees. If you made $100 profit that route you would pocket about $88 minus anything extra for shipping. If a pawn shop has trouble moving it for top dollar..

If you really want to get it try offering less than the sticker price to give yourself a larger profit margin. Remember they probably paid $150 or so for it so they've got room to work with too
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Get the Jim Root Tele and keep it, thats what I would do, you could sell it afterwards but they're bitching guitars, even if you don't like Slipknot or Stone Sour.
METAL!
I mean, I've flipped gear before.
Bought some drums for $20 last week and sold them a few days later for $300

I have a job btw, I'm just going to pass on them since there isn't a decent amount to be made.

On another note, I did buy a Norma guitar from there for $20 and sold it for $750, so there is some money to be made.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
buying and selling guitars for profit is tricky. mistakes are very easy, and if you also play, there's emotional influences to help you get confused.
I know,
I have pretty much no emotional ties since I usually sell very quickly.

Making a profit on music equipment isn't that hard to do. Just have to know what to look for.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Dude, its not often that a signature axe like that tele pops up for that few $$...especially from a popular band like 'Knot or SS....I'd snap it up, and wait until you can find a fanboy or someone looking for a nice metal axe, and flip it for $750-$850...you'll just have to be patient.

a friend of mine got a Synyster gates custom for $600 from one of the local store around here, and a few weeks (I think like 5 weeks, so a little over a month) flipped it for $950...

basically, as long as the artist isnt obscure, you can always flip the signature for a profit if bought at a low enough price...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.