Page 1 of 8
http://newsvoice.se/2011/12/02/us-senate-declares-the-entire-usa-to-be-a-battleground/

This bill, passed late last night in a 93-7 vote, declares the entire USA to be a ”battleground” upon which U.S. military forces can operate with impunity, overriding Posse Comitatus and granting the military the unchecked power to arrest, detain, interrogate and even assassinate U.S. citizens with impunity.

I searched, didnt find anything....
Quote by KTFM
Dammit, Snorlax! This is why we can't have nice things!!

Quote by Xiaoxi
AWWWWWWWWW FUCK NAW!!!!!!!

ಠ_ಠ
Shit the bed...

Oh, while I'm hear, LOL 'mericuh!

England F(most of)TW!
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Dec 2, 2011,
What the ****....?
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
So has anyone read the actual bill, at all? Or even plan on doing so before forming their own opinion
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Edit: ^This is the internet. You expect rationality?

You know, for a Democrat, Obama's becoming a really good voice to vote Republican in the 2012 election. Even as terrifying as Herman Cain and Rick Perry in-office would be.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
When this shows up on a more mainstream news page, I'll be inclined to more appropriate levels of fear.

Edit: I'm calling bullshit on all this. I can't find a single reference to anything remotely like what was referenced on that original site. Something this serious would be getting national attention.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Last edited by Weeping_Demon7 at Dec 2, 2011,
Quote by MakinLattes
No.

Ok just wondering.

^Agreed, I'll take this bill more seriously when it doesn't sound like some guy purely screaming "it's a conspiracy!"
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
So they voted that the military can freely murder US citizens?
Right.
Any source that I've actually heard of?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
When this shows up on a more mainstream news page, I'll be inclined to more appropriate levels of fear.

^This. The whole part at the bottom about "Waking up to the police state we have been warning you about" doesn't exactly scream "fair and balanced news."
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
When this shows up on a more mainstream news page that's also from America, not Sweden, I'll be inclined to more appropriate levels of fear.

Edit: I'm calling bullshit on all this. I can't find a single reference to anything remotely like what was referenced on that original site. Something this serious would be getting national attention.

Fixed
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

I saw it on CNN. Close enough?
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
Fixed

Oh you're so culturally hip for assuming that I'm some ignorant American.

The first website I went to check the credibility of this was the North American section under the BBC News site. So kindly take your assuming bull shit and f*ck off out of here.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Weeping_Demon7

The first website I went to check the credibility of this was the North American section under the BBC News site. So kindly take your assuming bull shit and f*ck off out of here.

...maybe I misread his post, but that's not what I got out of it at all.
Quote by necrosis1193
You know, for a Democrat, Obama's becoming a really good voice to vote Republican in the 2012 election. Even as terrifying as Herman Cain and Rick Perry in-office would be.

I'm pretty sure Obama is gonna veto it.
Quote by Flying Couch
...maybe I misread his post, but that's not what I got out of it at all.

Me neither. Someone's insecure and/or defensive.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Trowzaa
So they voted that the military can freely murder US citizens?
Right.
Any source that I've actually heard of?

You know, the millitary already has murdered a US citizen a little while ago. Anwar al-Awlaki was assasinated openly.

Enjoy the coming police state. It's kind of funny how whenever anyone has spoken about this kind of thing in the past people act like they're insane crackpots. Yet people all go out and vote every few years, as if it means something and still believe Obama is good because he's not a republican and the distinction between two very similar parties working for corperate intersts actually means something too.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Dec 2, 2011,
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

It's not culturally hip if it's ancient practice.

As for the bill, hell yeah. I'm not American, but hell yeah. More bills, more burocracy, more administration, more jobs !

hehe.
Last edited by Lord_Doku at Dec 2, 2011,
Quote by due 07
lol

Also, keep this avatar bro.
ggg1 ggg3

This seems to have parallels to the Civil War.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by due 07

If nothing else, if this is as crazy as this sounds(Albeit the site does give off a fringe-y vibe), that'll be a point in his favor for me come vote time.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by due 07

I'm still reading to find out if there is any legitimacy to this, but I think he'd need to do more than veto it. Pretty sure both houses of Congress voted for it by a wide enough margin that a veto could be overridden if it was sent back, at least according to that article.
Quote by Morphogenesis26

Funny how CNN's coverage wasn't anywhere what the TS's link hyped it up to be.

I'm not really too vexed about this, to be honest.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The Fox news article does a much better job of describing this bill and the concerns it raises
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Quote by Zoot Allures
You know, the millitary already has murdered a US citizen a little while ago. Anwar al-Awlaki was assasinated openly.

Enjoy the coming police state. It's kind of funny how whenever anyone has spoken about this kind of thing in the past people act like they're insane crackpots. Yet people all go out and vote every few years, as if it means something and still believe Obama is good because he's not a republican and the distinction between two very similar parties working for corperate intersts actually means something too.

Christ. Seriously?

We all know how much of a redwhitenblue flag-waving patriot al-Awlaki was. It's not like he threatened American citizens or anything.

Posts like these make me question every ounce of your credibility.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Christ. Seriously?

We all know how much of a redwhitenblue flag-waving patriot al-Awlaki was. It's not like he threatened American citizens or anything.

Posts like these make me question every ounce of your credibility.

It doesn't matter if he was a nasty guy or not, there was no due process and he was a US citizen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5pur4-dfiY
Quote by Zoot Allures

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Why did they actually kill him? Why couldn't they just arrest him?

Quote by Trowzaa

I think it was because he was considered such a high level threat that killing him would put a halt to his influences on others who want to harm the U.S and its citizens
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Quote by Zoot Allures
It doesn't matter if he was a nasty guy or not, there was no due process and he was a US citizen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5pur4-dfiY

He was ****ing obviously a militant combatant beyond a shadow of a doubt. He qualified as a militant traitor. He got what was coming to him. Funny how you seem to be among the few complaining about it. You obviously just go around looking for anything that you can use as an example of the supposed evils of western hegemony.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by vicarious46
I think it was because he was considered such a high level threat that killing him would put a halt to his influences on others who want to harm the U.S and its citizens

Now that I don't agree with at all. Surely killing him would warrant acts of revenge. Killing him or arresting him would probably give the same result so why not just arrest him? I can understand if when they went after him he opened fire but

Quote by Trowzaa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11658920

Following the failed attack, US President Barack Obama took the extraordinary step of authorising the Central Intelligence Agency to kill him. Soon afterwards, Awlaki survived an air strike on a suspected al-Qaeda base in southern Yemen.

Not that this makes it right however. As Chomsky says in that video, it's like Bin Laden being killed when he could have been arrested and given due process, as is meant to happen.
Anwar being killed is a very dangerous step, it means that it is now seemingly accepted that the government can basically kill whoever they want.

I say it's accepted because a lot of people (even here in the thread about it at the time) were all for him being killed. Thought it was just fine based upon the fact that he wasn't a nice guy, they fail to realise that him being a nice guy or not means nothing and this thing applys to all citizens.

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
He was ****ing obviously a militant combatant beyond a shadow of a doubt. He qualified as a militant traitor. He got what was coming to him. Funny how you seem to be among the few complaining about it. You obviously just go around looking for anything that you can use as an example of the supposed evils of western hegemony.

'he got what was coming to him' should not apply when dealing with the legal system. It's not meant to either, there was no due process here, this is a very very bad thing. The legal system should not be 'he's a traitor! lets blow his head off!:.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Dec 2, 2011,
Quote by Trowzaa
Now that I don't agree with at all. Surely killing him would warrant acts of revenge. Killing him or arresting him would probably give the same result so why not just arrest him? I can understand if when they went after him he opened fire but

Because alive he could still get his propaganda out. He was a pretty damn dangerous person to the safety of the U.S. whether or not he 'pulled the trigger'

Ehh... this thread got derailed fast
Quote by ErikLensherr

C4C

VOTE
Last edited by vicarious46 at Dec 2, 2011,
Oh right, I was under the impression that he lived in the US when they killed him. Wasn't aware he was in Yemen.

Not surprised. When push comes to shove, the government will use all forms of oppression in order to maintain the economic superiority of the ruling class.

Having to resort to using the Army does reveal a lot about their position - the Army is not prepared for or trained to deal with their home populations. The whole orientation of regular troops is in dealing with 'foreigners', people with different coloured skin, and so forth, rather than dealing with civil unrest in their own countries. Regular armies can be seriously unreliable in times of serious social and class tension - and the government knows this. The police are always more reliable in times of social conflict, and are more likely to follow orders, since their entire training is orientated towards a 'comfort zone' of American soil.

We only need to look at Egypt, Tunisia, Syria and Libya to see how class tenions cause regular soldiers to prove unreliable.
Last edited by Kumanji at Dec 2, 2011,