Okay so Im changing strings on the Floyd Rose on my guitar and the string keeps on popping off the sadles. I am changing the A string and when I was tuning it up I only got to a E before it popped off. Please help!!
Quote by mynameiscris
Okay so Im changing strings on the Floyd Rose on my guitar and the string keeps on popping off the sadles. I am changing the A string and when I was tuning it up I only got to a E before it popped off. Please help!!
you need to
tighten it more but don't force it.
My Gear
Peavey Ultra Plus
Ibanez RGA42FM with EMG 81/85 with 18 volt mod
Marshall Valvestate VS102R
Ibanez TS9
Schecter C1FR
MXR M-109 EQ
Quote by Greed18
you need to
tighten it more but don't force it.

Yup, it's got to be tight, but try not to over tighten. Also, make sure that it's in that groove, otherwise the string can break and go flying. Trems can be a b!tch to get used to, after a while it's not hard, just getting used to it is the problem.
Crank that bitch down motherfucker! If the wrench starts strippin' the whole out you know that shit's tight enough.

But srsly those guys are right. Tighten it down real tight but don't overtighten. Make sure you have the string in there all the way too.
Are you using an allen key to tighten them? I've forgot about that a few times
Main Gear

93 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Jackson DK2M
Burns Red Special
Various other guitars
Marshall 9200 Power amp
ADA MP-1 Pre amp
Alesis Midiverb 4
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Marshall 1960b cab
TS 808 modded Boss SD1, Boss GE-7, Dunlop Crybaby
Yeah I guess I wasnt tightening it too much but i did and now it stayed on. Thanks u guys!!