Sup Pit, I've been thinking a bit lately, and somehow theorized that both suicide and homosexuality were evolutionary traits designed to control population. It seems to me that suicide in particular has become more common as civilization has progressed.

Could this in anyway be an evolutionary trait to control population? I have no idea how this could be possible, as evolutionary traits are passed on by those who survive. Still, it seems like a perfect solution (not trying to insult anyone) to our overpopulation problem.

Am I being a dumbass?
Quote by str8upgnarwhal
Sup Pit, I've been thinking a bit lately, and somehow theorized that both suicide and homosexuality were evolutionary traits designed to control population. It seems to me that suicide in particular has become more common as civilization has progressed.

Could this in anyway be an evolutionary trait to control population? I have no idea how this could be possible, as evolutionary traits are passed on by those who survive. Still, it seems like a perfect solution (not trying to insult anyone) to our overpopulation problem.

Am I being a dumbass?

Do you have any source to back that up?

Also, yes to your last question
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Dec 2, 2011,
Sure.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
"Kill yourself, faggot."

That's my motto!
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
"Kill yourself, faggot."

That's my motto!

And a good one at that.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by str8upgnarwhal

Answered your own question, well done!

Quote by str8upgnarwhal
Am I being a dumbass?

Yes.
You have a certain point, and you don't.

Homosexuality and suicide are things that exist a very very long time. Certain animals can be gay too or have homosexual intercourse just because there aren't any females in their area or when they're not allowed by the alpha male.
Same thing goes for suicide, there are animals other than humans that comitted suicide.

The other thing is that homosexuality used to be a BIG taboo in older days (except for Ancient Greece, where even pedophilia was legal), so whoever was a homo wouldn't dare to "come out of the closet" and instead had a heterosexual marriage.

It seems kinda weird, but I was discussing this with friends some time ago and we agreed that indeed alot more people are holebi's these days than there used to be (listening/asking our parents if they had any in their circles back in the day).
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Given that their are homosexuals that raise children,no
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by str8upgnarwhal
Am I being a dumbass?

There can only be one reasonable answer- Charles Darwin was a queerosexual.

MOCOSO LIKE ME
Quote by str8upgnarwhal
Am I being a dumbass?
I'll give you two guesses.

Oh wait, you're banned.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
An Hero.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by due 07

Kreayshawn so fine bruh

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
heard that theorized b4
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
I'm pretty sure the natural limits are what control population, which is why it's a problem. Without these limits we wouldn't need to control population, and thus wouldn't need methods to control, which is precisely what these limits do. It gets pretty circular.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
You do realize that less than 5% of the population is comprised of people who are homosexual, or gay? You could make a much more convincing argument that humanities tendency to make war with eachother is a subconcious population control instinct.
Gay Couple's who are sperm donors or have sperm donors, and people who commit suicide and donate sperm beforehand, **** YOU EVOLUTION.
METAL!