I picked one of these up a few months ago and I'm really having a hard to getting it to sound good without being either too trebly or too woofy. I've heard clips of these sounding amazing without being harsh, so I know it's possible.

Anyone with some experience on these able to shed some light? I'm looking for a more refined version of that classic Stockholm sound.
Quote by BassisticT
My Ex firlfriend once shaved my butthair... A day later my butt looked like Freddy Krugers Face >.< Couldn't sit comfortable for like 4 Days.

Quote by Sir-Shredalot

Not sure what is worse the fact they watched a bbc drama series or they downed ethenol
What power adapter are you using? The new standard Boss ones don't give it enough juice, really affects the sound of the pedal.
No power supply. Just a 9v battery. I have heard that the power supply makes a big difference. It's pretty difficult to find a 12v ACA adapter though.
Quote by BassisticT
My Ex firlfriend once shaved my butthair... A day later my butt looked like Freddy Krugers Face >.< Couldn't sit comfortable for like 4 Days.

Quote by Sir-Shredalot

Not sure what is worse the fact they watched a bbc drama series or they downed ethenol
Get a power supply.

And turn all the knobs up to max.

I think that's how you get the Sweedish Death Metal tone.

God, I think I sound like an idiot when I say "lol turn up all the ampsz knobx"
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
What amp are you running through?

You may have gotten the wrong pedal, depending on what you are looking to get out of it. I have one, and I love it to death. Turn every knob all the way up, and it's pure, classic death metal chainsaw tone. So great for what it is. I was playing around with it yesterday, and I pretty much nailed the Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage tone.

If you're looking for something well rounded/not harsh, you need to look elsewhere.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
What amp are you running through?

You may have gotten the wrong pedal, depending on what you are looking to get out of it. I have one, and I love it to death. Turn every knob all the way up, and it's pure, classic death metal chainsaw tone. So great for what it is. I was playing around with it yesterday, and I pretty much nailed the Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage tone.

If you're looking for something well rounded/not harsh, you need to look elsewhere.

I know exactly what I'm looking for, and I know this pedal can do it. My other guitarist has the same one and his doesn't sound harsh at all. I've also heard lots of clips of people using the pedal and it not sounding harsh. I'm running through a Krank Rev+.
Quote by BassisticT

Quote by Sir-Shredalot