Currently i have a peavey vyper but I've been quite irritated lately with the "digital" sound and the washed out tones. I believe its probably the over processing of the amp and my G1XN.
I need a suggestion for a good amp in the $100-$150 range and i wanna stay away from the modeling amps. I'm not really partial to any brand and idk if me including the type of stuff i play would help in influencing some answers so id appreciate suggestions and if you could include why u think it'd be a good amp that'd be appreciated. Thanks.
honestly i dont see you getting anything better than your vypyr on that budget.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It's true, you're really not going to get anything better. Maybe stop using the GX1N and grin and bear it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Actually, you could get a Vox AC4TV for that much.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Well thanks sherlock! I pretty much had that figured out if u read my first post correctly. But everyone just wants to come in and NOT suggest an amp and instead just tell me irrelavent crap.
No need to be a dick just because you aren't hearing what you want to hear.

For your budget, you aren't going to get anything amazingly better than your Vyper.
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonerider British Distortion
Tonerider American Overdrive
Boss DD7
Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Treble Booster.
Quote by robquest
Well thanks sherlock! I pretty much had that figured out if u read my first post correctly. But everyone just wants to come in and NOT suggest an amp and instead just tell me irrelavent crap.

There's nothing in that price range that's even half as good as a Vyper. What else do you want people to say?

Save more money then we'll be full of useful suggestions. Until then stop running a modeller into your amp.
Quote by robquest

My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
If you can, try to get a Peavey Bandit.

Though really,
Quote by kyle62
You're running a digital modelling pedal into a digital modelling amp.

There's your answer.

This. Stop using the G1XN. The Vypyr is probably better on it's own.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
What I was trying to infer, my dear Watson, is that you could simply stop using the modelling pedal and go straight into the amp. It's not a bad amp at all. Elementary.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
What you really need is a new attitude.

+1

+311.

OP i was the first to comment on your thread and was respectful and honest. its not my fault if you don't want to hear what people are telling you. if you aren't going to listen to our advice (and be a jerk) you may as well not even further post. save up and get something better. that is what pretty much everybody does to get something. whether its a car, whether its a down payment on a house, or a $150 amp. the vypyr would be my pick in that price range. honestly. it can sound pretty good if you know how it make it sound good.

last post from me. /out
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
ok fine i'll give you a serious answer.

buy a digitech bad monkey. sounds almost exactly like a klon for the cheaps. look up the comparison on youtube if you don't believe me.