Page 1 of 3
what kind of near death experiences does the Pit have to share? (i ran through the searchbar but couldn't find anything relevant that was under 6 months old.)

over the course of my life i have nearly drowned to death on three separate occasions. each time it was another swimmer that saved me, never a lifeguard. consequently i don't swim anymore. that is the closest i have ever gotten to death.

EditForWholeLottaIzzy:NDE
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Last edited by Harvey Swick at Dec 3, 2011,
I dove into a table once when I was seven. Had to get 3 stitches around my left eye.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by MakinLattes
When I was 16 I got shot during a drive-by outside of a party.

seriously?

almost drowned being trapped under an inflatable kids pool thing when i was little

almost got ran over by a car, instinct got me to back off and it got my right foot ><

the car was the scariest, near death experiences really ****ing make you feel uncomfortable for days after.
This will sound silly, but..

When I was younger, I was riding my bike along the top of a hill. I hit a bank and flipped over the side and went tumbling all the way down, about 400 feet. I came out relatively unscathed, with a gash on my left elbow and some bruises. I honestly don't know how I wasn't hurt any more than I was, or worse. I managed not to hit a single tree on the way down.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I stared death in the face, and then ripped its throat out.

My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by eGraham
This will sound silly, but..

When I was younger, I was riding my bike along the top of a hill. I hit a bank and flipped over the side and went tumbling all the way down, about 400 feet. I came out relatively unscathed, with a gash on my left elbow and some bruises. I honestly don't know how I wasn't hurt any more than I was, or worse. I managed not to hit a single tree on the way down.

that is crazy dude. was it paved?

Quote by Harvey Swick
that is crazy dude. was it paved?

Nah, au naturale lol. Just a very steep hill with tons of trees. I'm not a religious man, but I'd say it was a miracle that I didn't hit any.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by MakinLattes

wow...

edit:
Quote by Weaponxclaws
You didn't look hard enough because I just posted in one about a week ago...

Anyway, I was in a coma for a week and my brain swelled up to fatal size and I've been tested for cancer.

i guess you are right...

but damn that is some scary shit bro.

On my way to Chicago on the highway in a blizzard my friends car slid under a semi. We nailed the tires of the truck and spun around several times ending up in the ditch in the middle of the road. There were five of us in the car and we all left relatively unscathed. We were lucky as hell though and I know it. Not many people survive an accident with a semi.
I've probably had a few NDEs which I can't remember off the top of my head, but I do a remember a really stupid thing one of my friends did while we were camping this one time. We were walking and we came to this dam which was about 10 metres high. At the bottom of the dam where the water landed, it was just a whole shit ton of sharp rocks. So he decided to jump in the lake which the dam was holding in, which wasn't a fine idea in itself seeing as the water was this really murky brown and smelt disgusting, but he got into his briefs and did it anyway.

Anyway, the water was apparently freezing so as soon as he jumped in, he was trying to get out. There was a little walkway on top of the dam with a railing on it, and I leant over to help him get up over the railing but he ignored my hand and frantically doggy paddled over to where the water flowed over the dam. The dam was about a foot wide where it flowed over, and it was covered in slime and moss and shit for the entirety of that part. So he just casually climbs up and onto the slippery as fuck bit, and then vaults over the rail.

I was like, "wtf are you doing you stupid cunt, you could have slipped and died". He was like, "What are you talking about?", and so I asked him to slide his foot under the railing and see how slippery the top of the dam was. He did and was like, "What about it?" so I pointed down at all the rocks and shit down below and he still didn't understand. I went and found a big ass log which was about his weight and got him to help me carry it over and place it on the top of the dam. The water pushed it over pretty quickly, and it fell and smashed to a million pieces on the rocks. I explained to him that that would be like what happened to him except probably less pieces and more blood. He finally realised how retarded he was to just jump on top of the dam and vault over the rail, and was like "Oh. My. God... I almost died". We both laughed for a while because "I almost died" is like an inside joke for our group, and then hiked back to our camping spot.

As a semi punishment for that he had to spend the night with soggy briefs because he hadn't bought any spares.

tl;dr Friend disregards slippery surface which leads to falling to certain death.
Quote by DyedXRed
On my way to Chicago on the highway in a blizzard my friends car slid under a semi. We nailed the tires of the truck and spun around several times ending up in the ditch in the middle of the road. There were five of us in the car and we all left relatively unscathed. We were lucky as hell though and I know it. Not many people survive an accident with a semi.

semis can be scary as shit especially in cold/bad weather. last December i was working about an hours drive away from home, and the highway was surrounded by fields. well, you can imagine the kind of drifts and whiteout conditions that can escalate in windy weather with terrain like that. i was driving home one day and nearly went head on with a semi. that f**ker didn't even slow down

I was smashed out of my head a few years ago at a rugby game and nearly tipped over the top tier at the stadium...It was back in my really hard alcoholic days, and I got a bunch of free drinks at the pub we were at earlier so I was really out of control, after that I stopped drinking that night and was really annoyed my team lost.

...not so much a near death experience but I nearly got jacked up by a lawnmower once.

I was mowing my aunts backyard in NZ and it was on a hill and it was still fairly dewy even though it was summer, anyways I'm plotting along and I lose control of the lawn mower so it starts to roll down the hill by itself, at the same time I've started to slip over and started sliding down the hill. The lawn mower reaches the bottom first and just happens to flip over with the cutting rudder thing facing me as I'm sliding down.

As I got down there I kicked the lawnmower away to try flip it back over, dunno how it would've turned out if my foot went into the mower.
yo.

I BELIEVE
We used to get NDE's from wippits. We called it "talking to god."

No regrets but man, we were pretty crazy back in the day.

Another one: I got t-boned by a car going 90 miles an hour and my car started on fire. I remember floating up above my seat, and remaining conscious as the car turned around and around. I remember thinking the velocity from the collision was what was reversing the gravity.

I remember the entire thing, while spinning, including looking at stuff in the car, looking out onto the road, etc... But, what was really happening was that my head smashed the drivers side window, knocked off the rear view mirror, and then cracked the windshield too. I don't remember any of that, pain, or anything. Just watching from above my seat. No pain, no fear, and total consiousness.

Someone explained it as being in shock and not a NDE. Me, I really don't know, but it's awful close. Definately should have died but didn't.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

i almost drowned once when something in the ocean cut a huge gash on my leg and got caught on my trousers

ive been hit by cars 3 times
-the first one i was relatively young so i dont remember much
-the second time i was crossing the street and i guess the driver hit accelerate instead of brake and hit me pretty hard my knee was ****ed up pretty bad after this one still hurt son cold days
-the last time was about a year ago when after staying after school to help tutor some of the younger kids who needed help in math some lady hit me with her car i was on the hood for a few feet and just sped away i was pretty dazed so i didnt get no liscence number or anythng but luckily nothing major was hurt

once an arrow was accidentaly misfired from a crossbow and landed not a food from my face

whilst helping my freind move a large refrigerator almost fell on me...this was my fauilt though forgot to tie it to the truck

ive been on fire like 5 times 3 of them i was put out quickly and two of them made pretty bad burns on my leg and arms

ive had fireworks explode like inche from me not from stupidity or anything they just went off(i guess you could argue having illegal fireworks is stupid) one of them went of in my hands luckily it was a firemaking one and not an exploding one(this is one of the non severe burns)

thats all i could think off at the moment
my freinds think im cursed or something

edit just remembered another one

a couple years ago i went to the mountains north of here and we were going to camp and stuff anf on the way there on one of the trails there was a prett steep drop there we decided to take a break and sit on this log that was there...i sat on the edge which had apperently rotted out and i fell back and rolled down the cliff
there was a little shelf i landed on but if i had been a little to either side i would have fallen about 30 feet
Last edited by supersac at Dec 3, 2011,
I almost died when I was born but obviously I don't remember that.

My friend and I were at the Grand Canyon and we decided to drive down to the river. We forgot to bring water and we were almost out of gas, and the car was crappy. Somehow, we made it down to the river and since it was so hot out we went in the water for a while and drove back up.
Later, I found out that 31 people have died in that area because their car wasn't made for the terrain and they died in the desert or they drowned in the section of river we were derping around in which is the most dangerous section because of the current.

A water pipe in my uncle's house burst in the middle of the night and flooded the first floor and basement. I woke up in the middle of the night to get something to eat, and I was about to step into the water when I decided I was too lazy to prepare food so I went back to bed. Apparently if I'd stepped in the water I would've been electrocuted.
cat
When I was born I was close to dying.

Nothing else really, I was chased by an angry Rottweiler before but I managed to escape up a tree.
LostLegion, your post reminded me of two more things.

I was dehydrated at birth. I don't know what degree of seriousness that had, but I recall my mom saying that it had everyone in a panic.

When I was probably 5 or 6, I was playing around with a large dog (don't remember the breed) and apparently I pissed it off. It pinned me on the ground and bit my neck. It's jaw was big enough to stretch from just above my left eyebrow down to the bottom of my neck. There was bleeding, but nothing too severe I guess. I don't remember much, other than the ride there and having to be strapped down to the ER bed to get stitches because I was so fussy.

Hint to any doctors, don't strap a panicking child down. It only makes it worse
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by guitarxo
A water pipe in my uncle's house burst in the middle of the night and flooded the first floor and basement. I woke up in the middle of the night to get something to eat, and I was about to step into the water when I decided I was too lazy to prepare food so I went back to bed. Apparently if I'd stepped in the water I would've been electrocuted.

ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Butt Rayge
Ever find out who thought it would be funny shoot a bunch of teenagers?

i was thinking the same thing

Dammit, I thought this thread was going to be about actual 'near death experiences', y'know, phenomina such as seeing your whole life pass before you, out of body experiences, feelings of levitation, the reporting of a light at the end of a tunnel, ect, not about dangerous situations that people had been in.

Oh well... now I'm here I suppose I'd better contribute to the thread.
I once bumped my head when I fell off a playground slide when I was a kid... apparently if you bump your head hard enough it can kill you, so that was a lucky escape.
I also once cut my finger, if I was a hemophiliac that could have killed me too, luckily for me... I'm not.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Dec 3, 2011,
Quote by Harvey Swick
what kind of near death experiences does the Pit have to share? (i ran through the searchbar but couldn't find anything relevant that was under 6 months old.)

over the course of my life i have nearly drowned to death on three separate occasions. each time it was another swimmer that saved me, never a lifeguard. consequently i don't swim anymore. that is the closest i have ever gotten to death.

lrn2swim
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
You don't know how much the title annoys me. Why abbreviate it and then write the full thing out? Makes me angry, bro.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
You don't know how much the title annoys me. Why abbreviate it and then write the full thing out? Makes me angry, bro.

sorry. i just abbreviated it and spelled it out for those who dont know what it is and to make it easier for readers to understand the abbreviation we will use therein. it makes it easier for us to just type NDE instead of spelling it out every little while. i.e. that way everybody knows what we are talking about and can enjoy the thread equally.

Quote by SlackerBabbath
Dammit, I thought this thread was going to be about actual 'near death experiences', y'know, phenomina such as seeing your whole life pass before you, out of body experiences, feelings of levitation, the reporting of a light at the end of a tunnel, ect, not about dangerous situations that people had been in.

Oh well... now I'm here I suppose I'd better contribute to the thread.
I once bumped my head when I fell off a playground slide when I was a kid... apparently if you bump your head hard enough it can kill you, so that was a lucky escape.
I also once cut my finger, if I was a hemophiliac that could have killed me too, luckily for me... I'm not.

i was hoping it would turn this way too.

edit:
Quote by Drakathan
lrn2swim

i now have a phobia of deep water and swimming. i feel like a pussy.

Quote by Harvey Swick
sorry. i just abbreviated it and spelled it out for those who dont know what it is and to make it easier for readers to understand the abbreviation we will use therein. it makes it easier for us to just type NDE instead of spelling it out every little while. i.e. that way everybody knows what we are talking about and can enjoy the thread equally.

I know

It'd be understandable if you used it in your post though. But you didn't. It's when the papers do it in the title and don't use it a single time in the article.
I almost took an arrow to the knee.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I know

It'd be understandable if you used it in your post though. But you didn't. It's when the papers do it in the title and don't use it a single time in the article.

Fix'd.

Quote by Harvey Swick
i now have a phobia of deep water and swimming. i feel like a pussy.

Where were you swimming all those times you drowned?

I'd say fear of deep water is pretty rational. I have a mild phobia of deep water. I like to be able to see the bottom.

I've lived on the coast my whole life so I'm a fairly decent swimmer, but I know that there's places and times and conditions that you should never swim in. I can't even read the surf to tell if there's a rip or an undertow (unless its really obvious,) so I'm pretty careful with where I chose to swim. If there's rips literally along the whole beach I wont go in far above my waist.
if TS was gonna type out "(Near Death Experiences)" then why did TS bother with "NDE's"?!?!?!
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by Butt Rayge
Where were you swimming all those times you drowned?

I'd say fear of deep water is pretty rational. I have a mild phobia of deep water. I like to be able to see the bottom.

I've lived on the coast my whole life so I'm a fairly decent swimmer, but I know that there's places and times and conditions that you should never swim in. I can't even read the surf to tell if there's a rip or an undertow (unless its really obvious,) so I'm pretty careful with where I chose to swim. If there's rips literally along the whole beach I wont go in far above my waist.

i was swimming in a public pool every time. i even remember looking at the lifeguard as i was sinking. he was looking across the pool rather than right below. it's weird how many people have saved my life. after a certain point i just gave up.

Quote by BottleOfSmoke
if TS was gonna type out "(Near Death Experiences)" then why did TS bother with "NDE's"?!?!?!

TS was HIGH!!

You should definitely avoid the ocean at all cost.

Get swimming lessons. You might be able to save your own life one day, or at least not end up in a situation that you need to be rescued from.
Quote by Butt Rayge
You should definitely avoid the ocean at all cost.

Get swimming lessons. You might be able to save your own life one day, or at least not end up in a situation that you need to be rescued from.

i agree with this, however, the very thought sends me into a panic. that feeling of helplessness is more than i can bear. i am scared of bridges that go over water, or flying over water. i also realize the value of learning how, yet i cant force myself to do it.

i hate deep water too...it's just that whole, 'woah anything could be down there, ANYTHING' mentality that comes when I'm swimming in it.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Page 1 of 3