I play guitar mainly at home and sometimes jam with a few friends, I have/had a second hand Marshall mg30 which was good enough and loud enough, but its now defunct and I'm needing a new one.

I went to the store near me and tried 3 amps, the latest mg30 (£149) a line 6 that I cant remember the name of, it was 30w and had a lot of tones etc (£159) and a blackheart 15w handsome devil (£199).

Of those 3 I found the blackheart to sound the nicest with the line 6 sounding a bit crap and the mg30 doing as I expected really. I get a few more options with the mg30 in terms of overdrive, delay etc.. but I also have a zoom g2.1u which pushes me back to the blackheart.

So basically I'm undecided between these two but I'm open to other suggestions, these three are what were in the store around my budget.

I'll be doing some recording with a buddy of mine who has a Roland electronic drum kit.

I also play a 94' telecaster.

Any suggestions and recommendations are welcome
Last edited by phatron67 at Dec 3, 2011,
I'd get the BlackHeart. you have a multi-FX so why would you need built in FX's. The cheap Line 6 amps are not that great and nether is the MG.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Blackheart is a great amp. I love mine.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
I've heard good things about Blackheart amps.

More options for you to consider:
- Roland Cubes.
- Vox DA series.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I'm guessing the Line 6 was a spider, aside from my Marshall I have a Spider. Don't buy it.
Blackheart

/thread
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
If you have a multi-effects unit, this is pretty much a no-brainer: Blackheart.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!