I posted this before but was told it was in the wrong forum, so here goes:

I'm in the mood for some sad solos and though I'd ask for your suggestions. I've been playing for 1.5 years, so nothing TOO hard, even though I sometimes enjoy the challenge. Think something along the lines of Comfortably Numb and November Rain, and preferably something from the rock/blues genre.

Nothing the likes of Farewell Ballad or such, not really a big fan of shredding.

Also if you could recommend some beginner flamenco songs that would be really swell.

Thank you in advance
Last edited by HaistaPaska92 at Dec 3, 2011,
Try Angel by Judas Priest. The solos aren't big and hard to play at all but still interesting to play.
And Fade to Black is always classic.
Like a stone by Audioslave? you need some crazy effects or a digitech whammy, but its a great solo, or Don't forget me by the red hot chili peppers
Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You

Also, Hotel California doesn't sound particularly sad, but the chord sequence was a ripoff from Jethro Tull's "We Used To Know" which makes for some awesome minor key soloing

Check it out

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Dec 3, 2011,
Quote by Kauk
Try Angel by Judas Priest. The solos aren't big and hard to play at all but still interesting to play.
And Fade to Black is always classic.

The solos of Angel (at least the acoustic ones) were the first ones I learned
Quote by shwilly
Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You

+1
And you could try some of the Scorpions' tracks too. Like "holiday", "still loving you", the ultimate sad song "daddy's little girl".

Like someone said.. some of pink floyd will aid ya. What I don't get is that you asked for flamenco. You said no shredding (which kind of equates to technically challenged) but flamenco is hecticly challenging (and most times very quick) which requires your right hand to be at peak finger picking strength.

Check out some Paco de Lucia or Vincente Amigo (almost as phenomenal as Paco=== that means super good btw). Good luck
Last edited by evolucian at Dec 3, 2011,
Shine on You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd. It's quite a long song (especially if you consider it in its entirety) but simple.

To me it has a mellow sound, almost like the guitar is mourning. It's fun to play, though, and easy to improvise on if you're into that.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~